gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 08:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  im wandering off the rad path
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: im wandering off the rad path  (Read 1324 times)

Trev

Re: im wandering off the rad path
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 10:19 AM »
yes, well said daz,  spesh,  i don't ride or collect, even though i was an 80s rider i have no desire to collect,

i'm out every weekend watching other peeps ride and loving it, just being part of bmx for me is enough,

i powdercoat bikes, take pics and travel to lots of other parks and again germany in the summer and i still wont

get on a bike,   see being part what ever part that is,  is all that matters :daumenhoch:

he doesn't ride or collect, he just sneaks around parks taking pictures of kids....  :shocked:  :2funny:   ;D  >:D  :D   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 10:25 AM »
I lost the path a bit in the middle of last year. Sold all my bikes that I had lovingly built, haven't ridden my new school bike in probably 10 months. but i will not sell my race bike.
I raced again on Sunday with my old mates in the OSS and fooking loved it. We have such a good crack. We are of all differing levels but we do it for the fun. As was said on this thread earlier. The bikes are for riding. Hasn't got to be anything too lairy or strenuous but just getting round a track is so much fun.

Build yourself a race bike and get into the OSS.  :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Spesh, please read and watch this link mate. You would miss this surely

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=51798.0

I would pay for these kinda laughs  :LolLolLolLol:  Wait till summer is here  ;)

Paul :Great_Britain:

zed4130

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Its not easy mate, i have the same problem due to giving up work to look after the kids 24-7 , and skint, my robbo is all i have, and ill never sell it, but with lack of members near by, etc, its not easy staying infused, luckly though ive been helping my mate across the road from me, build his curtis, he saw my robbo in the summer , and it all came back to him, si ive been getting bits for him, and soon it will be ready to build, so all good, i must say all the ideas are great, But not good if funds are low, so i know how hard it is to stay on top of it, it will come back , as said the winter is the worse time, take care ,,paul  :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Pretty much what everyone else as been saying  :daumenhoch: i personally am not really interested in restoring bmx's etc and standing around admiring them i got back into bmx for the same reason as 23 years ago......to ride the damn thing at every opportunity  :daumenhoch: a bmx is for riding

That pretty much sums up what I feel about OS nowadays.

I had a lot of collectable stuff from around 1999 - 2004, but have now sold the vast majority of it since I started racing regularly again in 2006.  I like looking at other people's collections, but the most important thing about BMX for me is to actively participate and ride/race.

It's nice to collect stuff and I may do it again when my riding days are over.  But collecting is a poor subsitute for riding.

I hope you re-find the passion for riding Spesh.  And like a lot of the other guys have said, give OS racing a go, cos it's a good laugh and the fellas that do it are a good bunch.

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 11:01 AM »
I'm feeling the same fella but this year I've got to get out and ride.........

I'm gutted I didn't make the Christmas bash & the CIN ride, trouble is just when I think everythings good to go and I'm going out, something/someone pushes a stick in my spokes.  Work commitments have just strangled me the last 6 months.

I don't want to promise you but I should definately be up for some riding in the near future  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 11:04 AM »
the cin ride was great, and for me was a last minute decision, as cost etc on getting to london, but was well worth the trip, although the tennis elbow i have had since wasnt  :LolLolLolLol: and i dont even play tennis  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  im wandering off the rad path

gfxgfx
gfx gfx