gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 11:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1995 S&M Holmes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1995 S&M Holmes  (Read 1873 times)

RyanPartridge

1995 S&M Holmes
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:23 AM »
Hey fellas, thought I'd share my latest Holmes build. It's the same frame I built up a couple years ago with mags and a bunch of gross newschool parts. This time it's era correct and put together like a bike I would've rode back then. Thanks to Jake(Spur) for the pedals!

Frame: 95 S&M Holmes
Fork: Pitchfork I bought in 1994
Bars: Early S&M SlamBars
Stem: 1" shafted Redneck with Wedgie Jackson
Cranks: Redline Flights
Sprocket: Profile Ripsaw 44t
Pedals: GT platform
Seatpost: Brand X titanium I bought at Orange Y in 1993
Seat: Black
Seatpost Clamp: Half of an Odyssey Pozi-Stop I've had since 1993
Grips: NOS ODI Longnecks
Brakes: 990's
Lever: Tech 77
Chain: kmc
Tires: rear Cheng Shin Comp III skinwall, front Cheng Shin knobby
Rims: Sun Ryno Lite
Hubs: Redline sealed
Freewheel: Shimano 16t

woody allen bars

Re: 1995 S&M Holmes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:08 AM »
That's looking the biz Ryan, real purposeful. Can't beat the painted frame either  8)

Are the bars bent, or is it just the pic?

RyanPartridge

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:39 PM »
It's just the pic. But they are earlier models that have a weird bend to them.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:51 PM »
nice and i love that colour frame   :smitten:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Ryan mate, Love it love it love it! It looks every bit like bikes that were ridden in 1995. I love the big black seat (I think I had one just like it). The "Half of an Odyssey Pozi-Stop" is great and I dont think you can get better than a Rip Saw chainring (unless you want some kind of chain guard on there). The whole thing is just real nice and clean looking but without getting silly over details or condition (unless it was all very well done and you faked the paint chips on it! haha).

Very very nice, Good one. Are you going to get a couple of riding shots on it?

Lazarou

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 07:55 PM »
My favourite S&M colour.  :smitten:

RyanPartridge

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 09:27 PM »
I'm glad you guys are into it!

The frame was lightly used when I bought it a few years back. Originally I had built it up with a bunch of newschool parts and some mags I had laying around at the time. I had just sold my PBR so the Holmes became my daily ride for a while. Eventually I took it apart and hung up the frame, until recently I realized how lame it looked the last time it was complete so I decided to take my time piecing it back together into a real era correct bike I would've rode back then. It basically is built like my old Dirtbike, except for the tires, cranks, 990's, and these bars are older models.

Alex- I'll try to get some riding shots. I pretty much ride alone, I don't know anyone else around here that rides but maybe I can get the lil lady to take some shots for me.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 09:38 PM »
Liking the look of that, with everyone else on the colour - looks the business  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 09:45 PM »
Here is mine one that is very similar. Same frame (even colour), forks, slam bars and redneck, sun rims and ripsaw chainring. Even odd blackwall knobbie tyres.

I got this new in 1994 (for a mate) but not long ago I got it back and changed some new parts on it cos it was built with some strange left over 80s parts. I changed the pedals, cranks and stem, but I also took off a black foam seat that was just like your one. Yours bike look much better and cleaner, but apart from changing a few parts mine has been untouched for more than 10 years!

RyanPartridge

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 10:15 PM »
Alex that Holmes rules! It's got the darker green like my Dirtbike, and I had a shafted Redneck in that color that I sold on ebay. Those are my favorite Holmes graphics! If I ever have the chance to score one of those frames I'm jumpin' on it.

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Those are my favorite Holmes graphics!

The decals are the "Molerterno" Decals, as its said that the headtube face is meant to be Rick.

I got the frame, forks, bars, seatpost, DC994 brake, clear longnecks, pegs and padset when I was at S&M in 1994. It was pretty much everything they sold at the time to build a bike.

RyanPartridge

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I've been looking for some of those old pegs...

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 10:38 PM »
I think they are S&M pegs anyway. Its hard to tell what they are as they are so covered in rust!

RyanPartridge

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 05:07 PM »
I took this from 23mag. Chris Moeller, Aggrorag #10, Summer 1989-

"But we have a new S&M bike coming out in two weeks called the Holmes. It's extra long, the Holmes extra long. It's in memory of John Holmes. It's going to be three inches longer than our bike because people want long bikes now. It's going to be really, really long and it's going to come in chrome and it will also come in flesh tone with blue veins, and it comes with a condom attached to the seat post."

So, anyone ever see a flesh tone Holmes with blue veins?

teamsano

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 03:43 PM »
give us a laugh and measure the rear triangle on that. :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1995 S&M Holmes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx