gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 07:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT World Tour 1985
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT World Tour 1985  (Read 1749 times)

trixr4kidz

GT World Tour 1985
« on: December 04, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Carl is that your bike he's riding ;D

FIL EBZ

Re: GT World Tour 1985
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 03:36 PM »
They Pics were taken across the road from the shop /importers on the bottom of that page! The bike he was riding for them photos was put together here for Eddie by the Shop owner and auther of Riders ready Pedals ready Go!Geoff Baraclugh the bike was sold to some one locally here in grimsby and was hid away in an atic then just disapeareed after the death of the owner.Eddie also rode a GT Pit bike with red tuffs and standing platforms and fold down pegs on the forks at a demo at the Cleethorpes lesuire3 centre. thats the pit bike i own i can`t prove it But i have nothing to gain by lying.

Fil

The-flying-banana

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Is it my eye's or summit but this frame and forkies dont seem to have any holes in em ??? could it be that all the flying banana's are being built wrong or what :-\ someone tell me please i gotta know :)

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 08:39 PM »
Tom, I asked this question a while ago. The forks are the race type, I think. Can't see the dropouts on the frame tho. I got a set of them forks :santa_afro: Ad ;)

The-flying-banana

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 09:48 PM »
Ye me too adam but i bet that frame has no holes in it ;)

andy irwin

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 09:34 PM »
they were the days .

Jazzchimp

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Fiola rode race forks on his yellow performer but for some reason rode performer forks on some of his other bikes. The burgundy one at the Kellogs had later GT forks in chrome with the slots and the White one at the French worlds had performer forks

He also rode pro race bars on the yellow one and not the performer bars but did use performer bars later on the white one (probably following pressure from GT). Pretty sure the frame was the standard performer frame with the holes.

The-flying-banana

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 11:20 PM »
So what your saying jazz is throw a lot of performer parts together and paint it yellow and you could say that was the one when ??? ;D

andy irwin

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 07:43 PM »
and he had grub screws under the stem going into the bars to stop them moving .

Jazzchimp

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Yep Nana, mind you like most of my old bikes you'd find parts you liked and rode them on other things. I had DB pro bars on my performer cos I'd grown up with them, and d'you know I still have that same set on my race bike today.

Lovin' the grub screw idea - I used to put a slice of wet and dry sandpaper in the stem of my Puch Murray, that worked a treat.

Oh and hi Andy good to see you on here - muchos respectos, still recovering from the 3 breaks stopping you ultraquick on that breakdancer I see!! lol

jonpaul11

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 10:08 PM »
I think bars are more personal than Frames - once I've found a set - right width, rake, height I never want to let them go!

I ran renthal Pete Middleton bars bitd - from christmas 83, every build or bike from them until I stopped riding in 89 had them on. Currently they are on my 84 quad that I ride now...

I had and still have - the Grip tape that was used for skateboards on them to stop them slipping.

JJR

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Is that a Hutch crank on eddy's bike?????????
Never seen that before.........

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT World Tour 1985

gfxgfx
gfx gfx