gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Unused, never built up original Team Burner Aero Pro frameset...how much??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Unused, never built up original Team Burner Aero Pro frameset...how much??  (Read 996 times)

Hatch

Hello,

im totally new to this forum and im not really sure what section to put this in, so I did a bit of a search and this seemed to be the best place to put it.........so here goes;

I raced bmx back in the 80's and then kind of got back into it a little around 2000 again then went back to racing DH and 4X on mountain bikes, but.............during my time in bmx I was always/still am a big Burner fan so I felt pretty lucky to come across and acquire an original and totally unused (yes never even had wheels, seat post or headset fitted) Raleigh Team Burner frameset with original matching Team Burner forks. As said this is totally unused, I am the first owner, it has not been restored/refurbished in anyway and it just has a couple of marks/chips from being moved around the shop that it has spent the last 22-24 years at.

So I was wondering what kind of money these are worth nowdays and what the interest would be if it went up for sale.

I am only really testing the water, but if the right offer comes along I could be tempted to part with it, but if not it will be framed and kept on my workshop wall.

Cheers for taking the time reading my waffle and any help or info would be much appreciated,

Hatch 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:52 AM by Hatch »

f1fan111

Re: Im new please help.....Team Burner content....
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 08:58 PM »
try posting this over at

http://www.raleighburner.com/phpBB2/index.php

http://burnerworld.8.forumer.com/

someone maybe interested there

Hatch

Re: Im new please help.....Team Burner content....
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Ah cool thanks for that.

Hatch

Hatch

Re: Im new please help.........Team Burner content....
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Ok just to add to my original post..............

after getting loads and loads of help/info from the lads on RaleighBurner.com and Burnerworld.co.uk it turns out that the frame I have is this;

An original Team Raleigh Burner CRMO Aerodynamic Competition Special frame (frame number 0009) with Raleigh Competition CR-MO forks...........as ridden by the likes of andy ruffell & craig schofield.

One of the lads have kindly posted a pic up of my frame here;

http://burnerworld.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php't=3386

It maybe coming up for sale in the not too distant future so watch this space.

Hatch

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:53 AM by Hatch »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
You give me £100 and I'll take it off your hands.....sorry dude I hate Burners  :LolLolLolLol:

Nice to have an original though...good luck selling it!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

wildwood1971

good luck with the sale mate - you've got a great find there - replied to you on burnerworld  :daumenhoch:

munners

Great story.  ;) I love it when things rise to the surface like that.  ;)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Ebay all the way  ;)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
I'd eBay it as well.

You'll find loads of people will sugest that it's worth ridiculous amounts of money because they want to try and keep the price of their collection high, which I guess is fair enough.

I'd say a realistic price would be between £250 and £350 if you can prove it's NOS. A fully restored Team Pro complete bike will only fetch around the £450 - £600 mark.

Hatch

A load of close-up pics have been posted on Burnerworld for me by one of the mods, take a look.............

http://burnerworld.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php't=3386

I have been receiving loads of calls and txt's with offers for this frameset all day today..........soooooo as a result of this it is now up for sale to the highest offer, I would prefer it go to a good home......but..........may be up on ebay shortly.

Hatch
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:22 PM by Hatch »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Unused, never built up original Team Burner Aero Pro frameset...how much??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx