gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Official BMX #5 "Riders Chart". Are you in there?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Official BMX #5 "Riders Chart". Are you in there?  (Read 943 times)

SaMAlex

Official BMX #5 "Riders Chart". Are you in there?
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:40 PM »
I found very old copy of Official BMX (issue 5). There is no date anywhere in it but its gotta be very early 80s. Toward the back there is a Riders Chart and it crossed my mind that there may well be some RAD members in there. Are you in there????

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Official BMX #5 "Riders Chart". Are you in there?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:03 PM »
I see Rattys name in there
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:23 PM »
ratty in the 15's, got to be 81 i think then. no doubt he will correct me

Longun

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 08:30 PM »
I was thinking 82, Nicky Matthews was in my age group and I'd have been in the 14s in 82 assuming that's based on age at 1st Jan. 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 08:56 PM »
I am in there twice because of a ukbmx officials fook up!! He spelt my name wrong at two meets, despite me asking him to change it, so it cost me placings in the final table.
I think I finished in 14th place in the end if they had added the points up properly, this was the 1981 points table Matt.

A long time ago, in a land far away!

Twatty

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Its 80 or 81. The way your age groups was decided changed in 82 I think, and you see in these rankings that Craig Scoffield & Jason Maloney are in different classes. Post 81, they raced in te same group, (my age group). Good to see some old friends mentioned in there also...

Twatty

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Notice Carl Alford in there also Ratty. Not quite sure how I got home after beers with you, him & the others the other Saturday, made it back to Farnham somehow though...

Matt F.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Was a good night Matt, we will have to do it again soon mate, I never knew Carl back then so it was good to chat the other night.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

wildwood1971

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 10:02 PM »
I knew i kept seeing the name Carl Alford on a number of threads here and there, and keep thinking i'm sure it must be the same lad that i knew of as a kid. Then when i saw the farhnam comments above i figured it must be the same person - i remember doing a BMX display in Aldershot and Farnham back in the early 80's with carl and a few other locals - tim march and andy ruffel if i remember correctly came down to do a display and signing session. Can't remember what year but i would have been a cheeky mouthy thing on a GT pro with Red Skyways - carl would have been a year or two older than me - but i defo remember doing a display at our school and i remember walking to school with him - what a small world it is

Happy days indeed

dayyo

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Spotted my name in the 9`s (Chris Day) i think that its the rankings for 1981.

richboy

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 12:48 AM »
2 of my m8s are in the 13s, lee halveson and scott ringrobe which should read ringrose. both canvey roadrunners, scott only raced for 1 season,im sure he would have done blinding if he stuck at it longer. he was absoulute pukka motocross rider. i still see him about ill have to see if his old supergooses are still in his garage. all 4 of em. lost all contact with lee yrs ago. bought my old diamond back of him, remember it like yesterday. and im now 40 :-[

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Official BMX #5 "Riders Chart". Are you in there?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx