gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ZERONINE - MY HOLY GRAIL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ZERONINE - MY HOLY GRAIL  (Read 5665 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: ZERONINE - MY HOLY GRAIL
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 11:24 PM »
Love you guys, no really, love you...

You're just saying that  :LolLolLolLol:

your builds are the best Marty, no really they are, and I love you....

:-[  :LolLolLolLol: So Clive, where's this bike shop of yours?  Carrying any o/s stuff or getting any retro n/s stuff in at all?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

gossa

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 11:37 PM »
my shops in Poole mate, www.bikelab.co.uk

I'm building a couple of bikes for mates but i'm relatively new to this collecting lark, i just want to get these build finished (TA and hopefully JAG cruiser for Darren Wood) and the Patterson for wee Tommy Lynch, the nicest person in the world! Then i'll do an OS build for myself (09 hopefully as that was when I got good on a BMX!) plus I have my US built ripper and floval as my newish school rides.

I've got some stuff kicking around, going to do a big clear out, nothing amazing though....i sold all my good stuff to biagio about 5 months ago without realising....

snav69

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 11:57 PM »
Good Luck  :) Fingers crossed  :Great_Britain:

:coolsmiley:

gossa

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 11:47 PM »
For those zeronine buffs out there, just got an email from Owen Scheppman (founder of 09) regarding frame styles and timelines:

The history on ZeroNine frames as I can best remember. I could be wrong on some of this stuff, so if you disagree or wish to ask me more questions I would be most happy to discuss. I wish I had a memory card available, back in the early 80's we were lucky to own a computer.

Frame History:We started by having them made by Joe Martino at CycleCraft in Tennessee. He made about 150 sets for us. I believe CC made us white, black and chrome, they were called the "mid" and "pro". It later became apparent that he wouldn't be able to keep us supplied. So we started looking around for another supplier. The second wave of frames were made in Taiwan. We re-designed the decals with the cafetti shapes on all 20" Pro, 20" ProXL and 24" Pro Crusier. These 20" were sold in Chrome, White, Black, Blue and Red; the 24" were Chrome, Black and White. 

Complete Bike History:We designed the Freestyle Bike and had a complete 20" bike made in Taiwan in the colors, White, Red, Blue and Black not sure if we made a chrome one. Roger Worsham of CW built the freestyle bike for us in Taiwan at his contractors factory.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Good stuff  :daumenhoch:

Cheers
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

gossa

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Just an update for anyone that remembered this thread, i won that one on ebay, jeeze, setting your alarm for 4am to bid on something is pretty mad! 

I outbid a guy who was running on autobid by $1!

Will mail you pics and a plan when it arrives.

Thanks for everyones help.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Don't tell Mr Boyle! He'll get very jealous!!  ;)

gossa

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Don't tell Mr Boyle! He'll get very jealous!!  ;)

Seans got enough stuff kicking about, he still has his zeronine cruiser.....

That cyclecraft is sweet.

dialledbikes

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the Zeronine Clive Gosling Replica!

gossa

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the Zeronine Clive Gosling Replica!

Funny the guy in the U.S. who i outbid had already bought a load of stuff for it, padset, funky wheeldisc etc but i put in a sneaky autobid with seconds to go and won it, he emailed me and said i shattered his dream and did i want to buy all the stuff he had already bought for it but unfortunately all his stuff doesn't fit with my plans for the frame. He said he would have bid a lot more but ran out of time. Hey ho......crumbling cookies and all that.

If anyone sees another zeronine please let me know as i really want one of the earlier US made ones.

Ta

Frosty

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2008, 04:18 PM »
So is it the blue one that you are waiting on??

gossa

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Yes Frosty mate, i've got two options, powdercoat black and get my sticker guy to make the mark 1 stickers i had or chrome the bugger and get a set of original chrome confettu graphics that are sitting in a sticker box in scotland.  I'm thinking black......i still have all my black 09 race gear, just need to loose a few stone to get in it!!!

insideoutland

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 10:50 PM »
black all the way :smitten:

Frosty

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 10:58 PM »
Black sounds good, although I always liked the confetti graphics on them.

As for race gear, don't worry about loosing the pounds the DB man look on the gate can be quite off putting I've heard :LolLolLolLol:

gossa

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Black sounds good, although I always liked the confetti graphics on them.

As for race gear, don't worry about loosing the pounds the DB man look on the gate can be quite off putting I've heard :LolLolLolLol:

yeah, gotta be black, i've seen those DB man pictures, that would put me right off!

dialledbikes

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 10:17 PM »
When did the first Zeronine frames come out?  I don't ever remember seeing one as a kid.

gossa

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 10:49 PM »
When did the first Zeronine frames come out?  I don't ever remember seeing one as a kid.

Cyclecraft built the first ones mid to late 1985.  A year later they had them made in Taiwan.  I think they stopped making them end of 87.  I got my black one end of 85.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ZERONINE - MY HOLY GRAIL

gfxgfx
gfx gfx