gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  NEW YORK - BMX Tracks?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW YORK - BMX Tracks?  (Read 1091 times)

aaronsat

NEW YORK - BMX Tracks?
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:34 PM »
I'm heading out to New York in January for 6 month with work and looking to find a local track to race.  Does anyone know of a track local to the main city or can point me in the right direction to find out?

Thanks in advance

Aaron

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: NEW YORK - BMX Tracks?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Gonna be a big loss to the OSS when ya go mate, try sticking a post up on vintagebmx or bmxactiononline.
Quadpaul went out to the states this year for a 4 day biz trip and managed to get a race in, and got treated like royalty.
Keep us posted when you go, loads of pics and free tee shirts :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

slurp

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 09:16 PM »
I googled tracks in long island as i go there quite abit but only one was listed and it was on the other side of the island from where i was,so from the city it would be a right old trek for you.looked a decent track,lots of trees if i remember right.Cant think of the name either,not really much help when i think about it am i?

Moschops

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 07:33 PM »
http://www.binghamtonnbl.com/directions.html
Love the style of the Bingham website with all the directions,places to eat, see and do.  Pity it appears to be about five years out of date, especially the photo section.  Humps

Moschops

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 10:10 PM »
http://www.binghamtonnbl.com/directions.html
Love the style of the Bingham website with all the directions,places to eat, see and do.  Pity it appears to be about five years out of date, especially the photo section.  Humps

It's probably not even there anymore! made me chuckle too ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Aaron, I see you've signed up to BMXtalk recently.  A good person to PM on there is Nathan Routledge (a good lad and the son of Geoff Routledge from Bournemouth) as he has been living and racing in New York this year.  I think his username on there is N8 Dogg or N8 BMX.

Good luck out there.  I'd love to do some US races at some point.

For inspiration, check out a late 90s video called "Thunder" and watch the Oak Park section.  Robbie Morales and Keith Terra (accompanied by The Rolling Stones) blow my mind every time I watch it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:11 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 03:19 PM »
I'm from New York.... but moved down south to Florida so I can ride year round...
 check out New York's NBL site at www.nybmx.org
 If you're heading to Long Island, you have to check Shoreham BMX.  The local scene in Long island was top notch when I lived there.
 have fun!!
-Ed

therock

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 06:20 PM »
i did 2 races in orlando and st petes 4 years ago and loved it , only problem is , you have to come home

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  NEW YORK - BMX Tracks?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx