gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 12:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Correct parts for round top tube PK Ripper build - now with couple phone pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Correct parts for round top tube PK Ripper build - now with couple phone pics  (Read 1005 times)

antiquebmx

Im going to start building my round top tube ripper, its been restored and is a nice candy blue. Its got the correct cycle pro (Tange) forks.  No serial number, one of the first ones I would guess around 1978.  Bit before my time in BMX,  what would be correct to put on it?  Ive got some UKAI shineside in gold I want to put on, too late?   

any advice on parts would be great, would like to go down blue/gold road.

cheers

paul

ps when I finally get my camera back will post photos   :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:04 PM by antiquebmx »

Frosty

Re: Correct parts for round top tube PK Ripper build
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 09:41 AM »
for wheels I'd go looking for araya 7b's or the weinmanns that look v similar.

Cranks pinchless flites or one of the early ally 3 piecers like the durace check out Stidds DeCosta or any of Reilly's build in the museum for some other parts ideas.

Post up some pics of the f+f too.

antiquebmx

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 09:12 PM »
will post pics soon, just got some origianl NOS vinyl SE snap pads to go on it,  cost me though,  damn done it again!! spending toooo much

:shocked: :shocked:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 09:14 PM »
I look forward to seeing this built, didn't Kelly K-lo have one of these  :-\

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:38 PM »
It's too early for flights... bang a nice OPC on it :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 08:48 AM »
yep id say one piece cranks also but 3 piece are so much nicer

matt

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:13 AM »
i think kelly had the race inc hybrid if im not mistaken

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 11:15 AM »
i think kelly had the race inc hybrid if im not mistaken

yep  ;)

Danny

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 03:08 PM »
I do have some SUPER MAXY (170 ) cranks for your PK.
Era correct too.

antiquebmx

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:04 PM »
thought Id put a couple of pics up with mi camera phone, soz about quality!!  that mi new changa build in background, pictures dont do either bike justice

Frosty

wow, is that an orig finish and also get the Changa in the museum so we can have a good looky

antiquebmx

ripper frame has been repainted,  forks are original blue

yes once i get my camera so I can get some decent photos will put both in museum

thanks 

gossa

If I was building that and I didn't have a million quid to spend on some gold 7b's I'd try and get some 7c's, i've seen some floating around ebay, you can get a nice reanodize job on them?

I'd go black ashtabula crank with one piece chainwheel, rat traps, maybe even find an old murray style padded squares saddle, blackwall big block 2.125 tyres front and rear, dia compe 890 or tourney brake etc.  To Be honest the frame is so nice i'd screw era correct and put some pimpy early eighties stuff on there like flites and your ukai's.

Lovely mate, that'll make a cracker of a bike!

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
lovely colour now  :smitten: :smitten:, think they were made in anodised finish when new, what colour was yours when you bought it ?

my one is non original baby blue (was ano blue), was going to build mine with dream bike spec, 400's , graffs,  hammerhead uni, mx1000's etc

never seen any scans of them built up from the 70's but as everyone has said think they were very close to original loop quads, 1pc, tourney brakes, rat traps, 7b's fat tyres etc,

yours would look good blue with red components, similar to monkeybiscuits quad.

whats the history of yours ? i thought i had the only one in the UK.

antiquebmx

lovely colour now  :smitten: :smitten:, think they were made in anodised finish when new, what colour was yours when you bought it ?

my one is non original baby blue (was ano blue), was going to build mine with dream bike spec, 400's , graffs,  hammerhead uni, mx1000's etc

never seen any scans of them built up from the 70's but as everyone has said think they were very close to original loop quads, 1pc, tourney brakes, rat traps, 7b's fat tyres etc,

yours would look good blue with red components, similar to monkeybiscuits quad.

whats the history of yours ? i thought i had the only one in the UK.

thanks for comments,  Its the same as when I got it a few months ago.  Been after one for years but usually US sellers dont want them to leave US.  Managed to plead to get it, its from Brian Hay. Show us a pic of yours when you get it done.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

woody allen bars

What a great photo, that top one - the ultimate survivor bike  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
with pk prices through the roof, watcha reckon on of these frames now now worth ?

if a loop quad is now £750, does £1100 sound right ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Correct parts for round top tube PK Ripper build - now with couple phone pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx