gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  clariemont skatepark/b-day ride*more pics and video*
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: clariemont skatepark/b-day ride*more pics and video*  (Read 4140 times)

union

Re: clariemont skatepark/b-day ride*more pics and video*
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 11:40 PM »
you geeza's are what bmx means.keep those pics coming!

welsh denny

Re: clariemont skatepark/b-day ride
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Pictures of Brad are rad... Who has got a copy of the Cheese video?  I'd love to see that again.

lost my original years ago( someone never returned it) but think i have a compilation tape with some of the best bits on it. i'll have to have a look.

welsh denny

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 12:40 AM »
andy, looks like you had a rad day. great pics of some true legends. rich sigur contacted me via youtube and i did mention your b'day event and to contact you via this site if interested. don't know if he did though. said he still has 2 haro sports and still rides occasionally.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 06:08 AM »
 Happy Birthday Andy.

Brilliant briliant stuff. I would love to have had an invite..    :'(

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 07:56 AM »
love the new pics addded and vids   :)

andy619

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 12:18 PM »
Happy Birthday Andy.

Sorry Ross I feel bad, anyone could have come.  I forgot that you live here in california, still a long drive though.  We will definately do it again next year, except the next ones will be planned well ahead of time.  I've actually talked to a few more riders that just found out about it and want to go to the next one.  My bad dude :crazy2:

SaMAlex

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Andy, those new vid clips are great. You are all over that bowl, very smooth. Im sure a few of the old styles will be back in no time.

I liked the "wife chat" going on during the filming. Funny that instead of mums worrying about their kids riding, it was wifes worrying about their Husbands. BMX has come of age!!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 06:08 PM »

new vid and photos are so cool

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 02:59 AM »
Happy Birthday Andy!  Welcome to the 40 and over club!  We have plenty of years left.

Todd Anderson riding a coaster goofy foot.  Represent!  (I still ride coaster)

Ron Wilton!  No way.  That's one guy I still haven't seen since back in the day.  He'll be riding next time we hear about him.

Andy Shohara's been drinking from the Eddie Fiola fountain of youth!  What's up with that?  Someone forgot to tell you to age or something?!?!  Glad you're back on your bike.  I remember you being one of the smoother riders back in the day so I'm sure that will help the longevity.

Right on, that looks like a great time.  Plan one around the Elysian Park show OS-BMX guys put on if you can.  Either way, I'm going to try to make the next one.  Thanksgiving family stuff shut me down this time.

Thanks for posting those.  Cool stuff.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 06:53 AM »
Happy Birthday Andy.

Sorry Ross I feel bad, anyone could have come.  I forgot that you live here in california, still a long drive though.  We will definately do it again next year, except the next ones will be planned well ahead of time.  I've actually talked to a few more riders that just found out about it and want to go to the next one.  My bad dude :crazy2:

no worries Andy. Even if  was there, i think I'd be too in awe of all the other riders and I'd stand about like a idiot too scared to try my 2 inch airs :LolLolLolLol:   can't be very easy popping in after Blyther!    Glad you had a good day.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Ramp Rat

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Andy - brilliant pics and looked like a blast of a day, gutted I couldn't make it. Wow, the old school are still ripping it up...got to get back on my bike. Happy Birthday man!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 08:30 PM »

andy

has anybody else sent you anymore photos or vids ?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 09:29 PM »

WOW.

Pete QUADROPHENIA - I am so sorry.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 09:35 PM »

WOW.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????? david again you totally lost me  :uglystupid2:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 10:04 PM »

WOW.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????? david again you totally lost me  :uglystupid2:

We should have been there. 'twas my fault we weren't.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 11:22 AM »

WOW.

We should have been there. 'twas my fault we weren't.

no worries buddy, next time  :daumenhoch:

andy619

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2007, 02:43 PM »
I don't have any new pictures yet, well I do but they aren't very good.  I'd like to get some of Povah's pics because he has some goood ones.  I have some video of the kids riding, Ethan and Colton, and may have a little bit of the adults.  I will take another look at the video to see if there is something worth posting.  Lee, Tony M, and I are going to the Etnies Park this Sunday, I think Povah is going to meet us there.  Tony went to Etnies last week and said it is a beautiful park.  I will make sure to get a bunch of pictures and maybe some video of that.  I'm still working on getting your things back to you Pete, our schedules don't quite work so I will mail the stuff to him and he will mail it back to me, I haven't forgot. :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 02:56 PM »

;)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2007, 08:32 PM »
I know I said it in another thread - but HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!
Lee emailed me a load of these pics as soon as he got them - the more I see of this, the more I'm likin' it! Does anyone get this good feelin' inside about older riders all gettin' together again? By the look of this party, I think everyone was just waitin' for an excuse!
Still being able to ride for as long as I want is one of the main reasons I got my knee operated on. I didn't quite realise how MAJOR gettin' a new ACL was going to be - three months and a couple of days since the op - but my physios tell me I've done brilliantly so far and they're very happy. Probably bacause I havn't done anything stupid (like gettin' back on the bike TOO soon!)
Lee says I should come over and ride with you lot when I'm ready. Certainly gives me an amazing reason to get healed properly!
Hope you all keep on meeting up like this - as I said to Lee, they're going to have to start a whole new comp. series for us old 'uns soon!
All the best,
Gary

RADHAB

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Christ on a bike!!!! I've only just seen this thread Andy! You old bugger you beat me to the big 40, mines in April and hope to be doing some sort of UK equivilant........just hope a can get a crowd together like yours! wow and wow and wow and wow and a very happy birthday belated wish to you.

Steve

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2008, 11:00 PM »
Andy...
we are doing the same thing on different sides of the ocean mate. How good would it be to get the uk Old Fools and your birthday guests together one day for one great big session...
hhmmm, now theres a thought......  :daumenhoch:

andy619

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Andy...
we are doing the same thing on different sides of the ocean mate. How good would it be to get the uk Old Fools and your birthday guests together one day for one great big session...

I was just thinking about joining you guys next year Steve, but I like your thinking, kind of like an Old Fools "World Tour". :shocked:  I think there would be loads of intrest in something like that.  Perhaps if some good sponsors were lined up to help the riders out and make it financially feasible.  Hmmmm............................................................................................ ;)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Andy...

I was just thinking about joining you guys next year Steve, but I like your thinking, kind of like an Old Fools "World Tour". :shocked:  I think there would be loads of intrest in something like that.  Perhaps if some good sponsors were lined up to help the riders out and make it financially feasible.  Hmmmm............................................................................................ ;)

I was thinkining the same thing!
Now I'll REALLY need to get my finger out and ride more!
Jeez!
G

SaMAlex

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 07:23 PM »

I was just thinking about joining you guys next year Steve,

Andy, that would rule! I was thinking of your birthday gathering when we all sat on the side of the bowl for our group photo.

How long is it since you went to ROm, and came away saying how under vert the performance bowl was? It still seems like a monstor but I guess I never got to ride Pipeline or Del Mar

andy619

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 09:41 PM »
1985-86 was the last time at Rom for me.  Only been there twice.  I could only manage about 4' in the P-bowl, my brother got more air than me that day.  I liked the half-pipe, it reminded me of Del Mar.  If I can cross the pond next year for the Old Fools roadtrip can I bring my son, he'll be 7, he might not forgive me if I have to leave him at home. :knuppel2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  clariemont skatepark/b-day ride*more pics and video*

gfxgfx
gfx gfx