gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Race helmet
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Race helmet  (Read 460 times)

modfather

Race helmet
« on: November 23, 2007, 01:32 PM »
For some of you race experts out there i need your opinion, i bought a troy lee design D2 open face helmet and was told by some cant use that for racing if i race in future, the helmet is basically the same as all full face but without a mouth guard, was plannin on buyin those mouth guard that bmxers wore with the open face helmet back in the days tell me if its allowed or not!!  :-[    *enclose a picture of my helmet*

se bikes

Re: Race helmet
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Some tracks will allow an open face helmet, you'd need to check with the individual track tho, usually at Regional/National level they would LIKE a full face helmet to be worn although not a dfinitive rule.

TBH you can get some really good quality full faces at reasonable prices, FLY and 661 both do models from £50 upwards, after knocking 4 teeth out wearing an open face and mouthtrap i prefer me full face lid nowadays :daumenhoch:

modfather

Re: Race helmet
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 02:04 PM »
bloody ell you knocked four of yer teef out that gotta hurt, well a friend of mine mate got the mouth guard from the full face impaled in his face so basically there no goods in either open face or full face ......FECK!! seems iv gotta splash more money on blinking HELMET!!! thanks for getting back at me tho  :coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Race helmet

gfxgfx
gfx gfx