gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 09:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS/VIDZ ADDED
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS/VIDZ ADDED  (Read 5430 times)

dialledbikes

Re: Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS ADDED
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 10:19 AM »
Kenny, how is the series going up there?  How many riders are now taking part?

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Hi Mike,
Last weekend was a washout, really windy and heavy rain.  We'll get the series back up and running properly this coming Sunday where there should be 5 of us racing - Myself, David W, Stevo, Paulo & Kevin Rettie.  Others have shown an interest but are still getting their OS-legal race bikes together, or trying to fit the racing around their work/family lives.  I think the recent poor weather and cold has put a few off as well ( bloody fair weather bikers eh!) but I'm sure it will get busier as the weather improves and builds get completed.  I've invested in a decent camcorder so hopefully we'll have some race footage from now on as well as the usual pics.  There are 3 more rounds to go (including this Sunday).  The OS racing has had a knock-on effect of attacting younger riders to the track.  They have seen us old schoolers racing around and decided to give it a go themselves.  Their parents seem dead keen too which is great.  So if there were ever any doubters out there, here's proof that OS Racing isn't just a bunch of self-indulgent old farts reliving their youth - In our case we are actually attracting the (hopefully) new wave of BMX racers.   There seems to be a few of teh oldschoolers up here who are into the odd session at Unit 23 indoor skatepark so we might think about having an oldschool jam there at some point if there's enough interest.

All the best!
Kenny

kevin rettie

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 12:44 PM »
Talking of fair weather bikers Kenny.... :LolLolLolLol:

Hope to see yooz on Sunday.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 01:20 PM »
Aye, very good.  Should have expected that.  My absence was actually down to (cue long and elaborate excuse...) borrowing a mate's Volvo S60 which, when attaching the bike rack, I found had a plastic boot lid and no tow hooks to attach the rack to.  I was having to hook the rack onto his plastic bumpers.  Rather than damage his car or (more importantly) risk damaging my bikes I decided to abort.  The weather did make my decision easier though  ;)  Got myself a Nissan X-Trail now so no such problems in the future  :daumenhoch: 

davie1967

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 05:36 PM »
i have been watching the postings here and must hand it to you guys for the time and effort you all put in. i actually used to ride to clydebank from dennistoun in about 84? when the original track was built
  i live in the clydebank area. i have a supergoose 83 with assorted parts :P. been sitting idle for more than 20 years. :-[
 some joint problems (old age?) but was thinking of joining. i will send the £10 to you Kenny if thats ok or am i too late? i guess you will need some funds to help you's along
  Hopefully i will pop up and watch. dont know about racing :laugh: i've never raced a track before. just done the jumps really, i was more street,skatepark.livi etc
i however like the idea of what the other OS guys do on a regular basis ,doing their novice/advanced  nights at an indoor park or local skatepark. i might go to kelvingrove sometime this year to roll around. what is unit 23 like? do they do novice nights?
 ohh and i'm a fabricator/welder. and have access to plant/tools  ;) :daumenhoch: within reason of course,i  :coolsmiley:

Paulo

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 08:55 PM »

Hi Davie,

I can't speak for Kenny, but I'm sure he'll welcome you. We were racing today at the track. I'm pretty crap at the racing but it's a really good laugh. We do more talking than racing. Loved to see the goose survivor.

Next OS meeting in 2 weeks, but Kenny is normaly there most Sundays.

The 2 Kenny's do put in a lot of time and do a great job organising the track. Top blokes.  :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Hey lads

Sorry for the no show today,  :'( I was looking forward to it but family stuff took over....

Next meet in 2 weeks? I am going to make that one, even if just to pay Kenny the tenner I owe!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Yes, next race is on 10th Feb.  Only 2 more rounds to go.  I think we'll have double points for the last round, just to make things interesting.  Todays results:

1. Stevo - 50pts
2. Kenny4130 - 47pts
3. Paulo - 43pts

Table now looks like this:

1. Kenny4130 - 144pts
2. Stevo - 138pts
3. Paulo - 131pts
4. David W - 50pts

We managed to get vids of all three races plus some warm-up gates and stuff.  My pc is a bit sick just now having picked up a virus, going very slow, so it's going into the shop to get fixed tomorrow.  Hopefully should have it back in a couple of days.  I uploaded one of the vids but I had saved them at too high a resolution so it was a bit jumpy.  I'll get that sorted and have the vids uploaded asap.  Even the one of me wiping out  ;D

Stevo

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Look forward to the videos Kenny. Its bit ironic that the first race we get filmed, you wipe out on the first berm.

Thanks to everyone who made the effort yesterday and especially the 2 Kennys who organised the event.  :daumenhoch:
Nice feeling coming first in 2 of the 3 races for a change. Can't wait until the next meet. Hopefully other riders will come along as well.

Had a good session at Unit 23, considering I hadn't been on ramps since last November. One of the younger riders there told me there is now a indoor park at Ocean Terminal (shopping centre, Leith) so there is no excuses now for not practising and getting some air.  :D

See y'all on the 10 Feb.  ;)

Paulo

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 06:54 PM »

You're getting too good Stevo and challenging Kenny for the title, some great racing was had.

Kenny make sure you include the wipe out in your vids, only for that fact that it meant I was in the lead for at least  two and half meters.  :LolLolLolLol:
Defo thanks to the two Kenny's. You two are top blokes, not just for us OS but for the support you give the kids at the track. :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Got my pc back, it seems to be working okay apart from now being mega-slow at uploading videos  :(  Here's what that I've managed to upload so far, a bit of gate practice and Races 1, 2 & 3 from 27th Jan 08.  Let me know if there is any problem viewing these...

Gate Practice - Kenny Scullion on a newschool Mosh ProXL, Kenny Hunter on an oldschool Supergoose 3

More gate practice - L2R - Paulo, Kenny S, Kenny H, Stevo ( and a couple of our younger enthusiasts!)

Race 1 - L2R - Stevo, Paulo, Kenny

Race 2 - L2R - Paulo, Kenny, Stevo

Race 3 - L2R - Kenny, Stevo, Paulo

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:36 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Paulo

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 10:17 PM »

Fantastic...happy days   :)

kevin rettie

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 10:38 PM »
looking good Kenny :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 10:45 PM »
The track was really soggy that day, after all the heavy rain.  We're all normally at least twice as fast as in those vidz. Honest!  ::)

kevin rettie

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 10:47 PM »
I'll pray for rain when I eventually get along then....

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 11:37 PM »
I'll pray for rain when I eventually get along then....

me too  :LolLolLolLol:

Stevo

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Thanks for posting the motos, Kenny. Hopefully better conditions next time.  :daumenhoch:

I remember Kenny saying that Kuwahero lives in Livingston and might need a lift to the next meet. I would be happy to pick him up, 2 bikes can fit in the boot no problems.

I normally take 2 bikes anyway (the other one is for Unit 23 afterwards) but I can forego going there next time since there is a new indoor park at in Edinburgh.  :D www.transgressionpark.com
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:56 PM by Stevo »

Stevo

Re: Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS/VIDZ ADDED
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 02:30 PM »
Guys, can't make it through on Sunday 10th due to work commitments.

Apologies to Kuwahero for not being able to give him a lift.

Hopefully see you there on the 24th for the last race.

2020mad

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 03:42 PM »
So we going to see you northern boys, taking the southerners at MK 08 now, the dates are now out!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 05:23 PM »
That's the plan anyway.  Hopefully as many of us as possible will be able to wangle the weekend off work and head down. Really looking forward to it.  It would be good to come down before MK and maybe pop into one of the north regionals if they're running an oldschool gate.  I just need to encourage David W off his cruiser and back onto his 20"  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:24 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Stevo

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 10:43 PM »
2020mad, is one of the members I was parked next to at MK07 and he let me stay at his place for the Xmas party in December – top bloke. Looking forward to see your new builds you have been talking about.

It would be good to have a group of us to go down for MK08. We can discuss it at the last winter series race on the 24. Interesting to see how David Wright would do since he was Superclass in the 90's.

Paulo

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 07:20 PM »

Is it 2 O'clock start tomorrow?

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Paul,
Yes 2pm start.  You can come along earlier of course.  Hopefully the weather will be kinder to us than last week - blowing a gale and bloody cold!  We've got our own website up and running now....

www.titansbmx.co.uk

We'll be adding pics/videos from all our club/oldschool activities as soon as I get a chance!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Only Paulo and myself managed to get to the track today, so we didn't race.  We did have some quality practice time on a dry, fast track though!  The plan is to run a double-header on 24th instead of double points.  Registration will be from 1pm with the first 3 races soon after.  We'll have a break then run the next 3 races.  If you mess up in the first round it gives you a chance to make amends in the second round.  Obviously you don't have to race both rounds if you don't want to.  At least this way it will make the final points a bit more interesting.

Trophies/plate etc will be presented after racing  :daumenhoch:

Paulo

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 01:12 PM »
It was good fun yesterday. Really fast track as Kenny said. Scared the living daylights out of me. Made the most of the time to practice, so watch out Stevo!!

Well done Kenny & Kenny for getting the club site up an running.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS/VIDZ ADDED

gfxgfx
gfx gfx