gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  early S&M Fork
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: early S&M Fork  (Read 1062 times)

kcmobmx

early S&M Fork
« on: November 04, 2007, 06:22 AM »
school me. I know this is correct for my Holmes but tell me when was this style available. has the thinner legs but has the double thick dropouts and no brake hole...

while we are at it tell me about my Slams. 8.5 x 29. when were these available? the seller of them claimed them to be from 1990....

cool to have era correct stuff :) and yes there is a Wedgie Jackson under that DK XXL

Miko

Re: early S&M Fork
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:59 PM »
That fork would have been a sort of race version of the Pitchfork.  I think they called it the Standard fork.  Like what they used on the Challenger.  Maybe '93-'95? 

The info on the bars seems about right.  I saw you win those on ebay.  You're lucky I was in between paychecks.  :D  You get that fork from Steve?

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Ive just taken a load of 1" fork photos. I will post them up tomorrow.

teamsano

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:09 PM »
i had slam bars with the logo on the left in 89, the sticker on the right is slightly newer.

RyanPartridge

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 01:03 AM »
These are Pitchforks off my 94 Dirtbike.

These are 24" threaded forks that came on my Widowmaker.

Miko

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 01:14 AM »
Here's a 1" Challenger.  You can sorta see in this picture that the fork has no brake drilling and has the thinner legs. 

RyanPartridge

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 04:16 PM »
That Challenger is awsome. Build it!

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 04:35 PM »
That Challenger is awsome. Build it!

I have!  And I raced on it yesterday.

Check out the S&M section of the museum for the full spec.

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 06:12 PM »
Mike, you got your Pozi Stop seat clamp on upside down. The cable should be below the clamp, closer to the frame.

I took a load of pitchfork pics but I got my phone stolen last night, with the pics!!!

I have taken some more. I will post them later.

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Mike, you got your Pozi Stop seat clamp on upside down. The cable should be below the clamp, closer to the frame.

Yeah, I know it's upside down.  I tried it the right way round, but it felt mushy, so I tried it upside down (to get a better cable angle) and it feels much better that way.  It's sort of like the cable routing on the early Kona mountain bikes when they first started using v-brakes  :daumenhoch:

I'll try and get it to work better the right way round when I have the time.

Hope you get your phone back  >:(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 09:17 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  early S&M Fork

gfxgfx
gfx gfx