gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bike thieves
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bike thieves  (Read 722 times)

kick303

Bike thieves
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:22 AM »
 :rant:

my step sons bike was stolen week before last.. a Volume deathwish frame and latest accessories.
He hadnt seen it since he "locked it up??" in the garden maybe three days earlier!!

after dragging out the truth "he wasnt sure if he locked it/the last time he saw it/if he left it somewhere" I did a little detective work of my own!!

i went to the local shops and informed the resident chavs that a bike had gone "missing" and i had £30 for info etc etc you know the rest!!

within 5 minutes i had the nightcrawlers name and address and lets say after a visit  8) he was happy to return the bike!! "he apparently didnt steal it but was present at the time it floated unaided from the garden & into his possesion"

2 lessons to be learned here -

1. if your kids leave a bike unlocked in the garden ... hide it for a few days to scare the stuff out of them before having the talk with them. it may stop them doing it in future?

2. Your local chav is of help if the price is right and would sell their mates/girlfriend/nan to you for the right price.... in this case i gave them £15 advising that another source had assisted in tracing item...total rubbish but i am sure that he enjoyed £15 worth of drink/fags/crack/whatever almost as much as £30 worth and i spent the other £15 on adult stuff ..... drink & take aways  ;D

thesku11s

Re: Bike thieves
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 12:55 AM »
thanks for posting that,

for some reason i found it enjoyable to read.

maybe because ive had a few experiences with bike theft myself.

all sensible stuff you reccomended,

Ive managed to recover a sotlen bike before also with some sleuthing.

the time which really afected me was when my bike got stolen by an old school classmate (more an aquaintence) when I was 14.

I had saved bus fares and other bits of change for 2 years to pay for it, and had it exactly perfectly how i wanted it.

my parents didnt have any monety to get me a replacement, and it was just a whole embarassing affair telling the police ( I "let" him have a go).

police were useles even though I knew fromhis friends the exact times he would be in at school, and I wasted the opportunity by not going down myself.

Bike theft is completely ignored by the police, its disgusting.

So yeah, best deal with it intelligently by yourslef.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 08:47 AM »
I did the hiding thing but with my wifes car......I was always always on at her to put the disc lock on and lock her car up but she always left it unlocked and no disc lock on, she always had the attitude that it wouldn't happen to her so I made sure it fooking did.

My neighbour is a copper and he was in on it too, I gave the spare key to one of my mates and one evening he came and took the car around 2 am, took it to my brother garage and locked it in there where it would stay for 3 days. Anyway, she gets up in the morning and I'm up stairs getting ready when I hear this scream from down stairs, she shouts up to me that the car had been nicked. So I went down stairs and starts lecturing her about not locking it up etc. I said to her I'll pop next door and speak to Lee and get him to get us a crime number and all that bollo, I didn't I just spent 10 minutes fooking laughing. So he came round a bit later and said he'd spoken to his mate in CID, loads of bullsh*t, gave her a great story and I just left her to think about it. After 3 days of major inconvenience of getting a bus to the train station, then a train to Meadowhall and the the tram from Meadowhall into Sheffield to get to work and then doing this again in the evening I thought she'd learnt her lesson. The car was amazingly found without a scratch on it by Barnsley CID  ::) fooking cops round here are great - lol!

Anyways, she learnt her lesson and now even puts the disc lock on when she nips into a shop. You may think this was cruel but it worked!

I'l tell her one day that it was all set up but not just yet, plus she'd stop making sure its locked.....

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:09 AM »
tuff love daz :daumenhoch:

priv

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 09:15 AM »
got up this morning and some cnut has nicked my wheel barrow  :wtf:   :knuppel2:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 01:50 PM »
got up this morning and some cnut has nicked my wheel barrow  :wtf:   :knuppel2:

I hope Fish weren't asleep in it at the time  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 05:37 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

downhill3375

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 05:53 PM »
 ??? :LolLolLolLol:

Haley

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 05:56 PM »
kick303.......... very clever.   :daumenhoch:

Flatcap........... very devous. LMFAO.   :2funny:

dannyboy

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 10:48 PM »
fook there must be a crime wave craig some muggy c**t knicked mine last week and it had a couple of plant pots in it :2gunsfiring_v1:
the old bloke up the road said it was probably imigrants lmao
 :crazy2:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 10:58 PM »
b4stards must have been eyeing it up when they was doing the pizza/kebab leaflet drop  >:(
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bike thieves

gfxgfx
gfx gfx