gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 04:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone else ever imported a Bike from the States????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone else ever imported a Bike from the States????  (Read 517 times)

tommyshearing

Anyone else ever imported a Bike from the States????
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Hi All,

Quick question has anyone else ever imported a bike from the sates, I've got the US Postal Service tracker referrence and it's been sitting with customs since the 18th of Oct not neard anything like they want VAT or anything.

Wonder how long these things take to get through customs???

Anyone got previous of doing the same????

Thanks Tom.

hooga1975

Re: Anyone else ever imported a Bike from the States????
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:58 PM »
I bought my GT Cruiser from the states.  It only took about a week to come, but I was stung big time by the tax man.  If I remember rightly it was about £80!!!!! :knuppel2:
I have bought loads of other bits from the states without being taxed so you might be lucky

munners

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:10 PM »
I bought a GT performer about 3 weeks ago and i am still waiting. Its horrible. I bought a Gen 1 from the states and i didnt get stung  by customs but i got caught out on a Skyway TA NOS frame and forks. Had to pay £90ish! I think it was because the box was a brand new skyway box and it had it plastered all over the box, obviously showing that the item was of some worth! They stitch you right up when they can id the item by the packaging. tossers.

tommyshearing

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:22 PM »
So it sitting in Customs for a week or so,  is quite common nothing to get concerned about, just have to be patient (which is a virtue!!!)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 03:22 PM »
To be honest it does take a week or so to clear customs (on average), sometimes you get lucky and it gets processed quickly.  I wouldn't worry about it at the moment because you know exactly where it is.

jon foz

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 07:01 PM »
You will receive a letter informing you of the duty and the handling charge,by this time it will be back with the post office

Jon

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone else ever imported a Bike from the States????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx