gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RIDE MAG-NOV ISSUE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RIDE MAG-NOV ISSUE  (Read 664 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

RIDE MAG-NOV ISSUE
« on: October 22, 2007, 06:12 PM »
 ???Just read the frame reviews and the review for the Federal 1066 says"all finished off with Battle of Hastings graphics complete with Arthur getting it in the eye" Arthur who?????? I always thought it was Harold got one in the eye.............

PS What is up with the dipstick who answers the letters page?

SaMAlex

Re: RIDE MAG-NOV ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Did you see the little pop that was made at BMX collectors in the icon page? No need really?

I think its a good issue. Ive only had a couple of flick thro's but there are a few things that I wanna go back and read ... which almost makes a change for UK Ride.

bof

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Did you see the little pop that was made at BMX collectors in the icon page? No need really?

I think its a good issue. Ive only had a couple of flick thro's but there are a few things that I wanna go back and read ... which almost makes a change for UK Ride.

You are doing it again I promised myself I wouldnt buy it again 2 issues ago and now I have to buy it to see what you are on about but I have to admit the last issue was complete bobbins, and that mcfleece bloke, well  :2gunsfiring_v1:

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 08:50 PM »

You are doing it again I promised myself I wouldnt buy it again 2 issues ago and now I have to buy it to see what you are on about but I have to admit the last issue was complete bobbins, and that mcfleece bloke, well  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Here you go, this might save you the trouble:

On the ICON page they are covering Profile cranks. Nice thing to do. It says that they are pretty much unchanged since the early 80s and it shows an add from 83 with a set of Gen 2 (?) cranks, some "classic" profiles and some brand new purple ones too.

In the text it says:

"Now, before you older farts with dusty old race shirts in the attic and eBay addiction issues start piping up, yes Profile cannot be attributed to actualy inventing the three-piece chromoly BMX crank. That moment of genius can insted go to redline, who started work on its legendary Flight crank in 1977"

The article is good but you'd think they could have got hold of an early set of Profile cranks and not just a scan of an old add. Maybe Noble doesnt have any friends who collect old BMX stuff.

the_cyclops

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:02 PM »
Maybe Noble doesnt have any friends who collect old BMX stuff.

Maybe Noble doesnt have any friends!

I remember him having a dig at BMX Now (and a couple of the other mags at the time) in one of his issues years ago!

I think that he (and the rest of the Noble clan) like to bitch a bit!

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 11:25 PM »
i know someone who rode with him on the peugoet team back in the day and apparently was a salty c0ck back then too!

i haven't bought ride since a rick moliterno interview around about the issue 50 mark, late 2000ish. i've saved so much money! what number are they on now?

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 11:35 PM »
latest issue is number 109  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RIDE MAG-NOV ISSUE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx