gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Kids training bikes.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kids training bikes.  (Read 501 times)

muttley

Kids training bikes.
« on: October 01, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Bit the bullet and got me boy one of these crankless training rides and can safely say its the best investment i have made. After a few days DJ is now scooting along with both feet up and keepng his balance (no stabilisers) all in preperation for when he gets on his 12" GT.

Highly recommended and quality made (nice little stem on it)

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Kids training bikes.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:39 PM »
Great things these bikes are, i got my daughter one of these 3 months ago and can now scoot along on it and she'll be 2 years old on wednesday

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 01:48 PM »
I just took the pedals and stabilisers off my sons bike and he is scooting round on it fine now. Some say its better to do this cos they dont have to get used to the feel of another bike. And its easy to take the pedals out with you so you can swap between ON and OFF.

muttley

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:50 PM »
I took the pedals off me lil'uns GT but then sat him on it and realised he could quite reach the ground yet  :crazy2: Oh well wont be long  :4_17_5:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I took the pedals off me lil'uns GT but then sat him on it and realised he could quite reach the ground yet  :crazy2: Oh well wont be long  :4_17_5:

Too right. My son has almost out grown that bike, and he cant even ride it yet!!! haha.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 02:05 PM »
you have to be a real man to wear a pink lid.
I want to touch ORB

fuzzywig

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 02:20 PM »
These bikes are very cool but,  it still takes a few hours for the little'uns to master the pedalling action when they get them.  Oscar (my son) kept cranking forward and back (pedal car style) for a while before he got the hang of it.  Mind you it's still a lot better than stabilisers,  which suck big time.

Trev

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Little Luca Griggs has one of those crankless bikes and he now carves around his daddy's halfpipe no problem.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Kids training bikes.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx