gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  kashi aero resto....doin my nut in
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: kashi aero resto....doin my nut in  (Read 1244 times)

kowalski

kashi aero resto....doin my nut in
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:21 PM »
ok i bought a black aero which was supposed to be mint and was far from it... anyway i have had to sand the whole thing down now so the top is now flat and shiny like the sides
i polished it up with all the wet and drys for nearly 2 days up to a 1500 and have finished off with zerapol plastic polish with a polisher for ages and finally back to black...
now it does look all black and shiny but there are still tiny scratches in it which simply will not come out, can someone please give me some more hints as my arms are fooked and i feel like lobbing this piece of nylon shit all round the house :rant: :rant:

Stella Dave

Re: kashi aero resto....doin my nut in
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 01:21 AM »
would it be poss to heat the top gently and roll something textured over it?!? fek knows

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 06:55 AM »
would it be poss to heat the top gently and roll something textured over it?!? fek knows

That sound like the way to go, or heat something textured up & rool it across it  :-\

But keep with it, you will be well pleased if it works out  :daumenhoch:

Superkav

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 07:44 PM »
I'm having the same dilemma trying to recreate the mottled effect in the plastic. Does anyone know if a mild acid will do it like the stuff they use to etch glass??

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 08:03 PM »
It might be worth talking to those guys that do hidden repairs to car plastics as they have to recreate the pattern on the dashboards, etc.  Worth a try  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 08:47 PM »
lol...just take it down to a bead blasters, mask off the area you want left shiny, then media blast the top of the seat....simple when you know how

Dave
haro, how do you do

kowalski

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 09:13 PM »
to be honest i dont even mind if it the whole thing is left shiny but i just want all these scratches out, it seems no matter how much i rub it or what with they will not come out, its as if you should be able to buy some cutting compound,
 kind of like t cut for cars but all i ave seen is zerapol which shines it but leaves the damn scratches in  :-\
please keep the ideas coming chaps  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 09:15 PM »
to be honest i dont even mind if it the whole thing is left shiny but i just want all these scratches out, it seems no matter how much i rub it or what with they will not come out, its as if you should be able to buy some cutting compound,
 kind of like t cut for cars but all i ave seen is zerapol which shines it but leaves the damn scratches in  :-\
please keep the ideas coming chaps  :daumenhoch:

In that case either do as Dave suggests or try this from Meguairs.... http://www.meguiars.co.uk/cgi-bin/specwd.pl?pc=G12310&tp=0

Better to crash and burn than fade away

selfpreservation

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 11:09 PM »
I'm having the same dilemma trying to recreate the mottled effect in the plastic. Does anyone know if a mild acid will do it like the stuff they use to etch glass??
nylon is one of the most acid  resistant substances known to man second only to PTFE (teflon)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  kashi aero resto....doin my nut in

gfxgfx
gfx gfx