gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 05:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  THE WORST BMX BIKE EVER!!!!!! the saga contunies
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: THE WORST BMX BIKE EVER!!!!!! the saga contunies  (Read 22974 times)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: The worst bike ever,, the saga contunies
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 09:34 PM »
what about them rocket things.i herd the bottom bracket just fell of them lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Peanut

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 12:34 PM »
yup, happened to me, just fell off, crank, pedals, chainwheel, the whole shebang right in the middle of the high street.

Was a very nice frame to ride tho.

retrogeezer

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 08:41 PM »
This has to be up there...I had this about 3 years ago and sold it..the guy I sold it to was trying to flog it for £300 this year!!

mike pardon

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 11:12 PM »
This has to be up there...I had this about 3 years ago and sold it..the guy I sold it to was trying to flog it for £300 this year!!

Now thats a solid looking bike?

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 07:25 PM »
That is terrible  :2funny:

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 07:30 PM »
i think that is fantastic ,  i really like that , now that is early 80,s bmx as i remember it  :2funny:

weston

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2005, 07:41 PM »

iron horse dirt burner, quite strong really, crank was very high from the floor, you used to knee yourself in the face when pedaling, the mags had more flex than z rims, it also came in blue....mk1

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2005, 07:49 PM »
that bottom bracket is MEGA high, the downtube & the chainstays are nearly the same angle LOL ;D

winnit93

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 12:28 PM »
i seem to remember some bmx bikes that were made by a company called tensor or tenser.they were absolute sh-t.mail order only i think.mid 80s.
O YES AND LETS NOT FORGET ALL BURNERS! ;D ;D ;D ;D

retrogeezer

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 09:45 PM »
Yep - Tensor cycles sold the BMX Magnum mail order and I bought one  :idiot2:

It had a cotterpin crank!

Stuntmaster has a red one.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2005, 10:01 PM »
Yep,i remember those my bro got one for crimbo outa the ad in the daily paper,pure crap! weighed a tonne,no two tonnes,he swapped it for a skateboard with kryptonics on it ,by boxing day! ;D

simondo-el-lupo

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2005, 10:25 PM »
I delivered those free papers as a kid 1p a paper jobs and I won paper boy of the year i.e I didn't skip them every week,n i won a bike of my choic e from a bike factory.Mind going mad as a kid what bike to have, Imagine my joy as we rolled up to the tensor factory.It was in Darlington I think what a let down

weston

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 10:49 AM »
they were the same company, iron horse,tensor etc... thay were actually made in leeds if i remember rightly by a company in birstall & distibuted by a company down south under 6 different names...

wirewheel

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2006, 12:33 AM »
i remember a bad one called xm1000 they were really cheap, the forks didn't like it if you did wheelies. ouch

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2006, 08:24 AM »
I had one of thos4e, but in black with yellow components. It was by a company called "Pedler" I think, model; Stingray. It even had little yellow mudgaurds. It was exactly the same as that thing.

Never did have any money, nowt changed there, then :'( Ad

sadowdgit

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2006, 10:13 AM »
if i remember correctly Iron horse was made in hull by a company called Kingston leisure products...

i used to ride for BMX weekly and they sorted sponsorship off them for me  :-[  i'd had the chance of sponsorship from DBack, Kuwara and mongoose .... but fooked it up cos of my Stinking bad teenage attitude  ;D .... aaaah well ..... never mind  :'(

i picked the iron horse bikes up from Hull with Alan woods ... but packed in riding a week later :uglystupid2:

i'd discovered i liked Boobies more  :LolLolLolLol:

DISCLAIMER... please note, IF anything in the above post is Wrong...... the author reserves the right to stick two fingers up to the complainant...... as the author has had many hard blows to the head over the last 20 odd yrs  :daumenhoch:   

Frosty

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2006, 02:03 PM »
there was alot of shite about back then (same as now really).

Marlboro spring to mind, I can't imagine their race team were actually using the proddie bikes!!

I also never liked the look of the Yes bikes, not really keen on gold laquer and naff graphics!

toooldforthis

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2006, 04:05 PM »
Surely a 'Saltafos' has to be there somewhere?

The first BMX I ever did see and was so heavy it took 4 of us to hold it and stop it from falling over.

Anyone remember them??

gmac

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I delivered those free papers as a kid 1p a paper jobs and I won paper boy of the year i.e I didn't skip them every week,n i won a bike of my choic e from a bike factory.Mind going mad as a kid what bike to have, Imagine my joy as we rolled up to the tensor factory.It was in Darlington I think what a let down

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2006, 10:06 PM »
i rode for scorpion on the breackdancer in 85 ahd it was a great bike yes heavy from what i can remember but great i also tested the acorn freeway a tad later that year and was on a little road trip with mason smith and friends and stripped forks 10 mins after ridding it cheap piece of you no what it was sent back never got it backgood job.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2006, 07:49 PM »
 I remember writing to Acorn  with  a list of tricks that i could "perform" asking them if they would sponsor me. haha.  In a bit like a good CV, I couldn't actually do most of them. The ariel was a bit of a exaggeration. More like pathetic ramp 180      ( or often 150) would be more apt. Could do the endo's almost 100% of the time though. Wonder how many Freeway's they would have sold if they had me on their trick team  ;D
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Did you get any reply?

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2006, 11:30 AM »
i seem to remember some bmx bikes that were made by a company called tensor or tenser.they were absolute sh-t.mail order only i think.mid 80s.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: I got a tensor drophandle of my mum for christmas, she thought it could replace my second hand eddy merx. Parents bless em.
ding dong

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Worst bike i can remember was ironhorse, you could only get them from out of the catalogue. And when it arrived you found out why :'(. My mate also snapped 2 of the frames, what a pile of crud they were :'( :-[ :(

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Did you get any reply?

Actually yes I did. Although i don't have the letter, basically it said.

"Dear ross. Thankyou for you interest in Acorn.
Unfortunately, we do not have any vacancies in our trick team at the moment" blah blah blah etc.

I'm sure they didn't even have a trick team, so thats why i wrote to them. Thought it would be a bit more realistic than writing to Haro or Skyway.

I was crap on a bike anyway.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  THE WORST BMX BIKE EVER!!!!!! the saga contunies

gfxgfx
gfx gfx