gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975659 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 13, 2024, 12:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old Rom Photos
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Rom Photos  (Read 4098 times)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Old Rom Photos
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Billy that pic of you on your calling card is a classic. I used to look at that and go no way man.. Do you remember

the demo we all did at Maidstone show? There was at least 3000 people there i remember they had to get

security to hold em back. The quarter pipes where up against a wall and when we aired there was a window

about 5ft above..It was a cracker..Oh yeah and your rollback 540s where awesome to..

I rode with Bob Haro at the NEC in around 83. We where all in comp and he did a demo. No one rode coaster

brakes then and he did and my head just fell off when i saw what he could do. His aerials where so high and

smooth. When he rolled back.. Oh yes...He also could wheelie without a back brake  just using his coaster brake.

Now that was style..Soon as we left that demo we all got coasters and tried to do what he did.. He was a super

nice guy to and for me one of the legends. The originator of freestyle bmx 

Mike I remember that demo well, I was the rider that fell off about a dozen times in the comp, if I remember rightly Andy Ruffell won that but it should have been you as you never put a foot down in your set.
The mistake me and Chris Young made was to ride the practice ramps all day, then by the time the comp came along we were completly knackered, although Chris still rode ok, and he finished his run with a massive jump off the trick ramp.

I make you completely right about the coaster brake too, I`ve said before that seeing Bob ride so smooth made us all want to get a coaster too, but they were in short supply at the time.

Happy Days
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old Rom Photos

gfxgfx
gfx gfx