gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 06:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE  (Read 5093 times)

Paulo

Re: Scottish OS Race Series
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 01:41 PM »

Here's some pics of the Cumbernauld track taken yesterday in the pooring rain. As I said it's in good nick so no reason why it couldn't be used as part of a series, but I don't know whether it's still being used by the Westfield BMX Club. There's a phone number on the sign so I'll ring it during the week.

To me it looks like a long track.

Start going into a kink left...

into a 180 right...

into a 180 left...90 left

back straight

90 left to the finish.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 08:16 PM »
The track looks mint, Ive seen worse regional tracks!! Was the start gate still there?
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Paulo

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 09:05 PM »

The gate wasn't but the fixtures were, and they looked new! When it comes to gates, is there a standard fitting or are they all bespoke.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 09:09 PM »
From what I have seen they are custom made to fit, but any half good fabricator will be able to do the gate, The control system is needs to be found or bought though, there not cheap :-\

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 11:10 PM »
That track looks mint, proper oldschool. Reminds me of the Warrington track were Alans had the oldschool meets :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 11:27 PM »
Im sure the track in Inverness is still there down at Bucht Park near the Ice rink, I'll check it out...

when i was working up in inverness in 2004 there was a old track just down the road near a big sports centre on Bught road
is that the one ?

if so its all there but pretty rough looking

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 11:48 PM »
Oh dear, looks pretty grim.  On the upside it still has the start gate.............Let's nick it for Cumbernauld!  :D

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Thanks to everyone who came along to our Open Championships today, even if it was just to say hello.  A few old schoolers from radbmx were there including Paul (paulo) who raced in the newschool 16+ category on his oldschool Mongoose Californian.  He qualified out the semis and into the final picking up an nice shiny medal for his collection  :daumenhoch:  Also making an appearance was Sean Boyle who rode his tricked out Floval Flyer in the same class coming 2nd in the final.  I think Sean is 39 or 40 so well done to the OM.  Sean was also racing in his SE colours so the old school were very much in the house.  I was too busy trying to commentate to race but I did go up for one gate in the 16+ motos.  I'm obviously far too humble to mention I whipped their asses ;D

In total there were about 70 riders from 4 - 40 years old.  Hopefully most of them will come along to our regular practice nights and race days but if not, then I reckon there were quite a few old schoolers there today who will be looking for a new bike pretty soon!  :)  I will keep you guys up to date with all race dates, practice nights and more importantly...... Scottish OLD SCHOOL Series dates!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:59 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 01:37 AM »
Just to repeat what I said on another thread, could I ask all Scottish riders who wish to take part in some OS racing to PM me so I can build a list of interested parties, and make sure you all get updated on what's happening.  We'll be working out some dates for autumn/winter 'Regionals' and hope to run an OS class alongside the usual age groups.  I just need to get an idea of how many guys have (or can get) OS-legal bikes and are willing to take them on the track for some OS fun.

Cheers!

Here's my 4yo son Kade and my 9yo daughter Harley with their trophies and medals from the open race on 1st Sep.  Kade just came off his stabilisers 4 weeks ago so he's chuffed to bits to come 2nd in his first race.  Harley won her 7-9 age group for the 2nd year running (beating all the boys I might add!)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:24 AM by kennyhunter6061 »

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Here's the OS race bike in 'half-built' mode.  Still got a few things to buy before it's ready - newschool Flite cranks, ProClass wheels (Kenny S's pc rims and new chrome Suzue hubs), stem & bars, and brake cable of course.  Just need to filter off some cash each month without the wife finding out!!  ;D

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Any dates and locations been sorted for OS
races over winter in bonnie scotland yet?

Anyone  :-\

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 08:55 PM »
I'm still happy to run OS races at Clydebank, I just need to confirm there's genuine interest first before deciding on dates.  I know some people might not want to commit themselves in case they can't always make it, but even some indication of numbers would be helpful.  I'm sure I can count on Paulo, phantom photon, Stella Dave, and Mr Rettie for some, if not all dates, but if anyone else has an OS legal bike and fancies taking part can they let me know asap?  I'll discuss a series with my fellow club dudes on Saturday and hopefully hit you with some dates by the start of next week  :daumenhoch:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 09:06 PM »
I'd be up for the odd meet, work most weekend so cant make em all,
would hope the odd racer from preston area would make to trip north  :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

Re: Scottish OS Race Series - WINTER DATES NOW ADDED
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Winter dates now added to the start of this thread  :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 08:29 PM »

Nice on Kenny, I'll definately make a few of the dates.  :daumenhoch:

You should put a post on BMX Talk also, I know that a few of the lads from Highland log on to that every so often.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2007, 11:57 PM »
BMXtalk has now been informed  ;)  I also want to get some race plates made up for the series, like those given out at the OSS summer races, OS Brits etc.  I've knocked up a design which is at the start of this thread.  Have a look and let me know what you think.  Any alternative design suggestions welcome  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 12:04 AM »
I like the plate design Kenny, can you send me one down when you get them, cheers :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 12:17 AM »
Will do Tony.  I haven't heard back from Martin yet, so I hope he can do them!  :)

kennyhunter6061

Re: Scottish OS Series - WINTER DATES/FEES NOW ADDED
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 02:59 PM »
race plates are now 'in the works' and race fees now added to the start of this thread, so GET YOURSELF REGISTERED!  :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Scottish OSS Winter Series gets it's first sponsor courtesy of Grant from BSD. Cheers mate!  :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 11:11 PM »

Kenny, well up for registering....how does the paypall thingy work  :-\ or can I pay some other way?

Hows the supergoose coming on? finished it yet?

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 11:44 PM »
PM'd ya Kevin  :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2007, 12:55 AM »
Top Prize for the overall Series Winner is a brand new Dialled Bikes MX20 Frame, kindly donated by Mike at Dialled Bikes!  :4_17_5:  Thanks Mike, You're a star!!

Paulo

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2007, 11:27 AM »

Registered Kenny. This will be great.  ;D

Stella Dave

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Nice plate! They gonna be for sale??
Gonna try an pop along to most of the dates with some of the boys.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx