gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 09:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Partington track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Partington track  (Read 1123 times)

mike pardon

Partington track
« on: November 10, 2005, 01:12 PM »
heres a shot from the very basic Partington track in Manchester. Circa 81ish 

this was run by a fella called Dennis Christian who owned a bike shop.. he had a team called Manchester Vikings..

memories like the corner of my mind.. la la la lahh

[attachment deleted by admin]

kamodo

Re: Partington track
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Met the man in your avatar outside the circus tavern in essex quite a few years ago Mike.....he was not  very polite and seemed reckon himself a bit!!!

Jazzchimp

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Them's were the dayz

Good job they don't have trees next to the track nowadays - health and safety!

mike pardon

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Yep Dennis Christian you mean? He as a bit a of a strange character

mike pardon

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Met the man in your avatar outside the circus tavern in essex quite a few years ago Mike.....he was not  very polite and seemed reckon himself a bit!!!
#

Hiya mate well i finally got who you where talking about, Thats Roy Shaw in the picture. He was the Hardest man in England for a while. Ive read his books and he is a classic. I hope ya didnt look at him the wrong way. I guess if you where the hardest man in the Uk, you could reckon yourself a bit???

kamodo

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 12:29 PM »
I was at a charity do years ago when i stood next to Mr Shaw, he seemed to play up to everybody that spoke to him(he speaks like a retard but i did not think it a good idea to tell him!)

Keep the pics flowing Mike....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Partington track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx