gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  MY wheels are done! -not as nice as winnet93s tho!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MY wheels are done! -not as nice as winnet93s tho!  (Read 502 times)

SaMAlex

MY wheels are done! -not as nice as winnet93s tho!
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:10 AM »
I have had these hubs for years and years. I got them on a real survivor JMC with all Hutch stuff that I have started to put back together, maybe for someone to race at MK. When I got the bike it had 1 3/8th rims. I got hold of some Araya 7Cs that I thought would be nice. They were very scratched Gold so I gave them a bit of a sand down and chucked them in a dark grey anodising run with some other bits from work (ie, for free). I finally got round to building up the wheels using some spokes that I found in the shed (I took a guess and the length and it worked out well). The front one went great and just needs a little bit of final truing as I haven’t put them in a jig or frame yet. I was just tensioning the rear one when there was a massive “PING”. I thought I had snapped a spoke but the one I was tightening was fine. Then I looked on the opposite side of the wheel and one of the spokes was flapping, cos the hub flange had snapped! Gutted! The hubs are a bit of a mess anyway, and I’m glad I didn’t sell them to anyone for them to snap with them. The wheel seems to spin straight enough so I’m sure It will be fine with just 35 spokes.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: MY wheels are done! -not as nice as winnet93s tho!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Nice one Al, shame that hub went...don't let fat Pete ride it and they will be fine!

:daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Im not totally sure there is enough thread left on the rear hub to hold a freewheel anymore but they are still better built up than sat kicking about. Good old 80s Hutch stuff! Build quality that only the rich can afford!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30 AM »
 :)   good to see them back together  ,get them ridden a wheel aint dead until it stops moving   ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  MY wheels are done! -not as nice as winnet93s tho!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx