gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 09:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Random Gate
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Random Gate  (Read 811 times)

Webdawg

Random Gate
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Rumour has it that after to Worlds in Canada the Random gate system will overtake the current one.

With over 25000 combos of timing it will sort the men from the boys :daumenhoch:

No more slingshots :daumenhoch:

Frosty

Re: Random Gate
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Nikki,

Can you explain this to a dumb ass?

Ta

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:23 PM »
The time the gate drops will vary, at the moment with enough practice you can roll back first, then fire at the gate as it drops, witrh the timing altered you wont be able to or you risk hitting the gate and going otb :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Ahhhh, I get ya, there was me still imagining an old boy on the gate pulling a lever ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Will this make any difference to us old schoolers?

Webdawg

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 03:49 PM »
View this, the voice grates a bit but basically the gate sequence will start at a random point testing reaction times

http://andy-green.magix.net/

It will definately affect any slingshotters or gate jumpers as the timing is random.

Best get one at Daggers so Ratty can get rid of his dodgy roll back gate ;) ;)

Twinkle

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 04:14 PM »
oh god it was bad enough when that boy tried riding over the top of the gate a few weeks back ... dont know if my nerves could take that every week  :LolLolLolLol:

Flying_fox

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 06:33 PM »
I think it will help if your an 'old schooler', after all 'riders ready, pedals read, go!!' was hardly the same every time was it. My dad was a Milton Keynes/EA starter so I was quite used to beer fuled randomness.

A few times over the winter (Royston, Andover and I'm sure there was another one) the ram went pop and we had to go back to the old way. I was snapping most of the clipped in yongsters and pulling them down the first straight. They couldn't gate with out using a bit of a roll back and pre-empting the gate.

Granted I roll back a bit and usually go on the third bib, but i'm all up for random as i've got the reactions of a cat on a 'deadman' gate.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Im crap at starts and just wait till I see the gate dropping till I start to move. This sounds like it might help me out a bit!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 06:39 PM »
The gates in the Midlands have been random for years!
you never knew if it would drop or not? how random is that  :LolLolLolLol:

:) DINGO :)

Flying_fox

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 06:47 PM »
I know that Dingo, every time I race Bullwell I flip the gate at least twice. I like to check the tarmac tastes the same each visit. :crazy2:

Have you got an air ram there yet?

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 06:52 PM »
Gates I have ventured over so far, Bulwell, Mansfield, Peterborough, Burnham (pre ram) & Coppull and it bloody hurts

no ram yet FF but we got a new control box and batteries and its behaved since (touch wood/fingers crossed ect)

:) DINGO :)

se

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Ah bring back home-made gate and a length of rusty scaff as a lever I say. Mr Grizzly Matthews at Wordsey - "Awwwwriiiiittee yung men, howzit luck today ahhh we gunna see a foiat at the first birm?"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Random Gate

gfxgfx
gfx gfx