gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  New Skatepark in Santa Monica, Ca
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Skatepark in Santa Monica, Ca  (Read 1695 times)

Ramp Rat

New Skatepark in Santa Monica, Ca
« on: November 07, 2005, 04:33 AM »
Here's some pics of the new skatepark in Santa Monica, Ca. Got some nice bowls, one with some mean overhang. There's some new school kids that rip it up.  (Kid in the pic. is grinding the coping on his peg) I riden it a couple of times and just shit bricks; lost my bottle big time. I've been inspired again by this site...

To tell you the truth, I miss riding ROM    :'(  And all you old gits going down there every week pissing me off. There's no scene out here in Ca. Oh well moan moan moan...zip it up :-X

Damon

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 05:16 AM by Ramp Rat »

chilledheatmark

Re: New Skatepark in Santa Monica, Ca
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 08:59 AM »
Hey Damon.... I dunno if you recall me, but I came out to santa monica with Lunny and stayed with Tony for a bit a few years ago.... just wanted to say that I was doing a random websearch this morning and stumbled across these shots of this new park with your name attached to it.

Damn that looks a sweet park! ..... but a little scary, even for a regular riding old fart like myself... Is there any more to this place? or is it just massive transitions? lol...... kin'hell I must be getting old, when I'm viewing a park looking for the 'smaller sections'! :) .... I'd love to come back and roll that place sometime.

later - mark

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Road trip anyone ? We could hold the next meeting there instead of Bristol. (P.S. can't actually open the pictures, but am guessing it might be good)

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 01:23 PM »
san its rom times 1,000,000

lets get out there....we'll book the flights on your amex card ;)

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Damon. I know exactly what you mean.
I'm also in CA, but up North.  Everyone must think there's areal scene here, but not really. There's a skatepark 2 miles from my home, but its strictly no bikes. I'm too old and fat to be running away from the police at 5am, so I abide by the rules. I'd also love to show up at Rom with the other old farts...
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Wow - that's awesome...pack ya bags dudes...we going to CA! :D

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 10:42 PM »
NICE........

Ramp Rat

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Hey Mark, Yeah, I remember you, we had some good times. When you next get out here we'll have to go the skatepark. There are other bowls that are mellow that are really fun. Last time we went to that dodgy one in Venice. Good to here from you. Tell Lunny I say hi.

Damon

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 08:26 AM »
Here's some pics of the new skatepark in Santa Monica, Ca. Got some nice bowls, one with some mean overhang. There's some new school kids that rip it up.  (Kid in the pic. is grinding the coping on his peg) I riden it a couple of times and just shit bricks; lost my bottle big time. I've been inspired again by this site...

To tell you the truth, I miss riding ROM    :'(  And all you old gits going down there every week pissing me off. There's no scene out here in Ca. Oh well moan moan moan...zip it up :-X

Damon

Damon.. ive got to ride that park... i will call you later... Least you have the sun there... im out here trying to dry the ramp at 7.30am so i can ride at 4 for a hour till it gets dark.....

Carlo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  New Skatepark in Santa Monica, Ca

gfxgfx
gfx gfx