gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 10:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Stumbled across George's old site....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Stumbled across George's old site....  (Read 1998 times)

Lazarou

Stumbled across George's old site....
« on: June 30, 2007, 09:56 PM »
.....found this by accident, check out the lower gyro cable mod ( :2funny:) and the Alex Leech rip-off front canti! Oh, and the shocking frames!

http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk/custom/G's_bike/gsbike_home.html

SaMAlex

Re: Stumbled across George's old site....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Its amazing how sometimes the best solution is the simple one .... like that lower gyro cable. LOVE IT! :LolLolLolLol:

You gotta love those levers half way down the bars too. Very OS "Haro"

Oh, and I never did my front brake like that. I did mine the same as "V" brakes (outer to one side, inner across the top) only it was a few years before "V"s were out.

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 10:05 PM »
I stand corrected! I thought you did the drilled thing! Maybe i was thinking of George's bike!

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 10:09 PM »
I stand corrected! I thought you did the drilled thing! Maybe i was thinking of George's bike!

Gogo said I did it that way on a thread on here a while ago. I didnt like the kinked inner cable that came with drilling the fork, and doing it the "V" way made for a more powerfull brake. Also, I dont like having to take your whole front cable apart to take off the stem / forks / whatever. They way I did it ment you can unhook the cable from the lever and take the whole forks out without even having to undo the front pinchbolt. Change the frame, and not even have to re-set up the front brake.

darkersomeday

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 10:32 PM »
george did me that brake mod for my old ng holmes,
it worked really well but i know what you mean about having to take the entire brake apart, i had to re-wire the cable through the exit hole to do anything with the stem/forks,

i ran it with some nos deore xt canti's that i found in a tiny old bike shop in ciutadella majorca, i picked up some genuine vintage ducati tank stickers at the same time, i sold them last year for £120!

theres loads of my mates on the old g-sport site! ben,barnsleychop millie, punisher craig, ernies on there too! that fooker is becoming a bmx legend!

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I went to Shefield outdoor park once and Ernie was there. He didnt say much, as far as I remember, but was nice enough.

I went up there with a mate who worked for Bencreate. I went to him a hand fixing back some of the coping on the big steps. We took about half an hour to burn out all the drills he had and then just rode the park for the rest of the afternoon. Cool

darkersomeday

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 10:38 PM »
I went to Shefield outdoor park once and Ernie was there. He didnt say much, as far as I remember, but was nice enough.

I went up there with a mate who worked for Bencreate. I went to him a hand fixing back some of the coping on the big steps. We took about half an hour to burn out all the drills he had and then just rode the park for the rest of the afternoon. Cool

weird eh?

i'm sure i was there that afternoon ???

ernie is definitely amazing like, so down to earth too, he didnt want to be sponsored for years as he felt it would spoil his riding!
i think he's on mutiny now, maybe josh bedford forced him!
there an old story of some company offering him sponsorship on the back of seeing him pull a trick to get out of another riders way!

"get kettle on"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 10:44 PM by darkersomeday »

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I went up with a tall skater who worked for bencreate and 2 other skaters who came too. I remember taking much too long to fu the trany to big block.

I dont remember much else really. It has got to have been 5 odd years ago.

darkersomeday

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 11:00 PM »
i've never had the balls to try and get my back tyre on that! its so close to the trany its like riding at a wall :LolLolLolLol:

on the "tomorow we work" promo mike taylor hops onto it! from flat!

heres ben on it,  hugely underated rider that dude

man i must have spent hours sat on that lump of concrete in the summer!

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Thats the one. Ive only ever been there once, I should try and get there again sometime.

darkersomeday

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 12:27 PM »
i was thinking of organizing an O/S freestyle jam at dev green when the weather gets betters, like MK but for freestylers, sheff is pretty much in the centre of the country so it would be easy for most folk to get to,

what you think?

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 01:49 PM »
Im there!!! As much advance notice as pos. Ive got about 4 jobs to book days off from (My job, my wifes jobs, my "job" at home ...)

Sounds like a great idea. I wonder how many attempts it'll take me to get that fu this time? ha ha

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 03:44 PM »
I remember my bully Powerforks I had on my dirtbike in the 90's - they used a strange 'rocker arm' thing that the cable pinched to, then the cantis would be pulled up by that - I bent my originals as they had a cut out in the forks crown!
I sold a NOS pair ot Rory a whileback along with a mint Bully BigBlock frame - you gonna build that Rory?

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Why, in the pics of his old bike, has he 'rubbed out' his stem???????

darkersomeday

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 04:52 PM »
it was while the elementary stem was in developement,

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Stumbled across George's old site....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx