gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Cycling & The Law
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cycling & The Law  (Read 1110 times)

Trev

Cycling & The Law
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:43 PM »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Cycling & The Law
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 06:58 PM »
Cant believe I read that, good as it is. I recently got told off by the local pc for pavement abuse, It made me feel 13 again  :LolLolLolLol:
Ride wherever  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Trev

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Me & Trill were riding the banks at Waitrose, Green Street Green, Orpington the other day.  We used to ride them all the time bitd.  We got told to stop riding them by these two WPC's who were about 18 years old.  I so wanted to tell them we were riding these before they were born...

The thing is that they were watching us ride them for about 5 minutes from the other side of the road with some chav kids.  They were laughing and chatting to these chavs who had only minutes earlier lit a little fire on the green opposite.  I suppose in a society like this, it is okay to damage public property with fire if you're a chav, but a complete no go to ride up a bank on a bike.

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 07:59 PM »
Seems a real shame that we can't do anything these days like the old days :( Good bit of info that link Trev :daumenhoch:

Mountain bike I don't mind ridin on the road but BMX I'll stick with the pavement still :) As 94 Perfomer said, ''Ride wherever'' :daumenhoch: (so long as Plod aint about :()

Paul :)
Vans Style

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Me & Trill were riding the banks at Waitrose, Green Street Green, Orpington the other day.  We used to ride them all the time bitd.  We got told to stop riding them by these two WPC's who were about 18 years old.  I so wanted to tell them we were riding these before they were born...

The thing is that they were watching us ride them for about 5 minutes from the other side of the road with some chav kids.  They were laughing and chatting to these chavs who had only minutes earlier lit a little fire on the green opposite.  I suppose in a society like this, it is okay to damage public property with fire if you're a chav, but a complete no go to ride up a bank on a bike.

Quite right you....you............anarchists  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 10:12 PM »
should hvea justg told them to fook off, poked em in the tits and wheelied off into the distance?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 10:22 PM »
should hvea justg told them to fook off, poked em in the tits and wheelied off into the distance?

Hows the Magners :LolLolLolLol:

darkersomeday

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 10:45 PM »
CYCLING FURIOUSLY?
It's an in-joke in cycling that cyclists can't be booked for speeding but can be fined for "pedalling furiously." Many cyclists list being cited for "cycling furiously" as one of their life ambitions. Professor David S. Wall, Head of the University of Leeds Law School, a professor of criminal justice lists his hobby as: Cycling (Furiously)
As bicycles are, in law, classified as carriages, it's often been assumed that the old offence of "furiously driving a carriage" under section 35 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861, applies to cyclists.

However, these legal eagles say they have been unable to find a a reference to such a cycling offence in Blackstone's Criminal Practice or in Halsbury's Laws of England.

Which is odd, as Christopher McKenzie, an Australian barrister, pointed Bikeforall to these cases: Taylor v. Goodwin (1879) 4 QBD 228, a case where the Queen's Bench Division held, on appeal, that a cyclist was appropriately convicted by a magistrate for furious riding of a bicycle. The dicta of Justice Melor in the case has been cited and followed in a number of cases since: see, for example, Smith v. Kynnersley [1903] 1 KB 788 (cyclist not liable to pay bridge toll) and Corkery v. Carpenter [1951] I KB 102 (cyclist liable for offence where cycling drunk).

how cool is that! :D
thats definitely going on my list of ambitions!

"so joe, have you ever been in trouble with the police before?"

"yes officer, i was recently in court for CYCLING FURIOUSLY"

:daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 10:49 PM »

:police:

bitd i got nicked on my bike and on the police report i was recorded as doing piroettes on my bike.  :idiot2:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 11:00 PM »

:police:

bitd i got nicked on my bike and on the police report i was recorded as doing piroettes on my bike.  :idiot2:

thats taking things tutu far :LolLolLolLol:

thesku11s

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 11:31 PM »
I got a verbal warning for 'cycling furiously' on my bmx when I was about 13.

it was riding on the road so didnt quite understand.

They looked well serious and said theyd take me in for a formal caution :wtf:

told me to ride slower and sent me on my way.

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 11:46 PM »
BITD I was, admittedly, 'cycling furiously' back to my moms as was late for Sunday dinner, and a geezer in a parked car opened his drivers door...and you can guess the rest.......slammed into the door, over the bars and did some tarmac skin shredding

Thank goodness for my Yes baseball hat....they made em quite spongy BITD. Anyway I got the blame for it all and ended up with a lasting scar on my back :buck2:

And so now, I just prefer to tootle on the pavement.

Paul :)
Vans Style

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 12:32 AM »
Bitd in Walthamstow we had a local copper whos ambition in life was to track the bmxers down, he started pulling us up and told us off for only having a back brake and no lights, well after a while we just rode past him on the pavement, he run after us for a few feet then gave up >:D, but one day they gave him a police pushbike, we pissed ourselves watching him try to catch us on that old bike, bless him >:D >:D
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 12:17 AM »
Cant believe I read that, good as it is. I recently got told off by the local pc for pavement abuse, It made me feel 13 again  :LolLolLolLol:
Ride wherever  :daumenhoch:

Pavement abuse ???  ???

What were you doing to the pavement ???   ???

Did it have a hole in the pavement ???   >:D

:shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Cycling & The Law

gfxgfx
gfx gfx