gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  chromium sta
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: chromium sta  (Read 1201 times)

darkersomeday

chromium sta
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:04 PM »
i posted this last night but hadnt waited for permision from the owner so took it down,

he sent me a message on bg this am so i'll put it back up,

pushing the mid a little but its a legendary frame so, :LolLolLolLol:

Lazarou

Re: chromium sta
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:05 PM »
 :smitten: My favourite ever frame.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:07 PM »
Liking the look of that, love the dinky gusset and the way the rear stays meet the top tube and seat post tube  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 11:36 PM »
one of the very first bmx frames to use the hugely improved A-headset system,
lets be honest, the threaded type headest system was great, it worked for years and the design did us proud,
but it was drastically flawed, without regular and careful adjustment it works loose constantly and it marked the end(for me) of kicking my wheel straight every five minutes :LolLolLolLol:
like the dirtbike/holmes bringing strength and longevity before it it marked a big change in the future of bmx,just look at the level of amazing rider input it had!

i think the gusst helped to keep the front end as close to a triangle as possible as well as dissipating the stress from the headtube,

the pierced toptube and seatstay wishbone is massively strong, i fully believe that design will re-appear when the current superslim-lightweight frace has settled down :daumenhoch:

this reaper frame feels like its made of rubber at the side of my old sta, that thing just felt so reassuringly solid, you could land 3's whips and harsh 180's on it all day without worrying about twisting the fooker!

the other thing about the sta was the geometry it really was perfect, more so than any other bmx i've ever ridden, even the l.a.f, it just felt so natural straight away, like i'd ridden it for years.
pretty rare to see chrome version,the dropouts look later so it couldve been a custom job,
another future classic
 :smitten:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 07:32 AM »
mmm umbongo
classic ,strong as a bugger and great layout.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  chromium sta

gfxgfx
gfx gfx