gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  getting brakes setup nicely
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: getting brakes setup nicely  (Read 466 times)

brettnai

getting brakes setup nicely
« on: June 03, 2007, 02:05 PM »

I've fitted the brakes to my bike, I literally took the whole lot off an old bike and put it on my new one but they were never really setup properly so now I have the task of getting them working nicely.

They are Dia Compe 901 calipers.

Does anyone have any advice? or is it easy?

B

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: getting brakes setup nicely
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:26 PM »
OS brakes are murder to set up "Nice"  make sure you adjust the cable so their is very little slack, just enough for the blocks to clear your rims. Also toe in your blocks, which means adjust the arm by bending the arm slightly so the blocks touch the rim parallel.
With a bit of practice you will get it perfect, but no old brake system works like it should. :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

bof

Re: getting brakes setup nicely
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 04:30 PM »
make sure you oil your cable inners as well, teflon lined are far superior as well. They will make your brakes far better.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  getting brakes setup nicely

gfxgfx
gfx gfx