gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  chains a bit close to frame!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: chains a bit close to frame!  (Read 796 times)

brettnai

chains a bit close to frame!
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:42 PM »
just putting the wheels on my bike but I'm worried I've done something wrong, the chain runs very close to my frame and not sure what to do to sort it out

Big pic sorry

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/4845/dscf0077qa2.jpg
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 10:46 PM by brettnai »

bof

Re: chains a bit close to frame!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:46 PM »
It looks like your tuffs are missing the cones locknut and washers to me , take the wheel off and show us a picture of inside the freewheel area.

brettnai

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:47 PM »
It looks like your tuffs are missing the cones locknut and washers to me , take the wheel off and show us a picture of inside the freewheel area.

Its a brand new skyway axle kit on both wheels, the cones are on there just cant see em

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:48 PM »

brettnai

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:50 PM »

If you look the other side, its all there... as far as I know

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6445/dscf0078qb7.jpg

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 10:53 PM »
the chain side looks like if you tightened up the wheel nut, the freewheel will hit the drop out. Lack of cone nuts or maybe just wack some washers on the chain side.

Its strange that there is so much room on the inside of the frame. Def something missing.

brettnai

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 10:55 PM »

Hmmmm

I had to replace the axle on the rear tuff because the one that was on there preveously was too small in diameter.

I bought 2 new skyway axle kits and it all fitted on fine, the wheel sits nice n central but just real close to the frame

brettnai

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07 PM »

I can bung some more washers on but still I think its a little close, I havent got another complete bike to compare it to... maybe once its all tightened up it'll be alright. Its all just had a quick spin of the spanner at the mo... looking good tho

you'll have to stand on ya head to see this pic... and its a bit blurred, which is a good thing so when its completely finished I can take some nice pics in all her glory!

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/8694/dscf0079hr2.jpg

snav69

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Looks like your missing these spacers

:coolsmiley:

brettnai

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Oh... I dont have any of them
not sure I'll have room on the freewheel side

I can bung a few washers on to make it fit snug but not sure that will move the chain away from the frame any

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  chains a bit close to frame!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx