gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  candy colours, sure their not metalics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: candy colours, sure their not metalics  (Read 2466 times)

rakas17

Re: candy colours, sure their not metalics
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2007, 11:35 AM »
right heres my opinon ;D     metal flake is nothin like candy.   metal flake is big lumps of silver in the lacquer.   cany is coloured lacquer sprayed over silver or gold.   i paint my bikes myself and as it happens i painted my early 90's hawk this week.....     stripped it with morse, sprayed etch primer, sprayed 2pac ducati silver left over from a guy at my work diong his monster.   so at this point it was silver, i wanted it to be black but lok funky in the sunlight so i mixed up some clear 2pac lacquer and chucked loads of pantone ink in it.   the ink is black(red)  the black inks in their range come as different colours   ie:  black red, black green,  black violet etc...  if you put some on a bi of paper it loks black but if you put it on a bit of perspex and holdit up to the light you can see the colour.       so anyway, i put a couple of coats on of my red black clear lacquer over the silver and hung it up to dry...   the bike looked black and i thought i might have put too much ink in.  when i held it in the sunlight it glowed a deep dark metalic candy red.  to say it looks amazing is an understatement.  its exactly as i planned and hoped, i dont think photos will do it justice but it should make an appearence at MK..    sorry about the essay, just thought you lot might be interested. :daumenhoch:   joe

darkersomeday

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 01:01 PM »
right heres my opinon ;D     metal flake is nothin like candy.   metal flake is big lumps of silver in the lacquer.   cany is coloured lacquer sprayed over silver or gold.   i paint my bikes myself and as it happens i painted my early 90's hawk this week.....     stripped it with morse, sprayed etch primer, sprayed 2pac ducati silver left over from a guy at my work diong his monster.   so at this point it was silver, i wanted it to be black but lok funky in the sunlight so i mixed up some clear 2pac lacquer and chucked loads of pantone ink in it.   the ink is black(red)  the black inks in their range come as different colours   ie:  black red, black green,  black violet etc...  if you put some on a bi of paper it loks black but if you put it on a bit of perspex and holdit up to the light you can see the colour.       so anyway, i put a couple of coats on of my red black clear lacquer over the silver and hung it up to dry...   the bike looked black and i thought i might have put too much ink in.  when i held it in the sunlight it glowed a deep dark metalic candy red.  to say it looks amazing is an understatement.  its exactly as i planned and hoped, i dont think photos will do it justice but it should make an appearence at MK..    sorry about the essay, just thought you lot might be interested. :daumenhoch:   joe

sod the justice! show us the photo's!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2007, 01:39 PM »
wheres the pic, i also need to see, now youve got me in a dither.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2007, 01:45 PM »
[quote

[/quote]

how fooking hot is that motor

rakas17

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2007, 04:29 PM »
i cant put a pic on till next week cos i'm at my bitches for the weekend,   sorry dudes.  plus i need to give it a bit of a rub and polish cos my spray booth is dustier than ghandi flip flop. ;D

darkersomeday

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2007, 07:12 PM »
[quote

how fooking hot is that motor
[/quote]

on a 1-to-10 scale i'd put that around 9.75!

mitsi's and lambo's are cool like but thats just beautiful.

Moza

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Candy paints originate from America. "House of colors" invented it. Find out when they began production and see if its before Candy bikes. Try contacting them to see if the supplied to the bike companies. One more thing most Candy painted bikes will be American, they would go that bit further because they are "American" :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 09:56 AM »
dsd is 100% correct....candy apple is named after exactly that....candy apples, or toffee apples...basically candy apple is a coloured lacquer. and it almost has a pearl like quality.

metalflake is hulking great lumps of mettalic in a clear coat.

surely in a moment somone will google it...lol

Dave
haro, how do you do

dj_benice

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 12:28 PM »
No value to add but if you wanna have a go at making me torker metallic/candy/whatever blue  :angel: :2funny:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 05:11 PM »

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  candy colours, sure their not metalics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx