gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975630 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 07:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  I think this one has been done before but........DIB DOBS!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I think this one has been done before but........DIB DOBS!!!!  (Read 801 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
What's with the Dib Dobs rubbish!  if you want the item which is listed then just say i'll have it and pay for it!  what's with the......I'll have first dib dobs on the **************

My mate who's too fooking lazy to register and doesn't get off his arse to look himself might just want that so i'll take first dib dobs and get back to you in a weeks time!

Who ever has the dosh and wants it should get it.....first to say i'll have the item should get it!

Sorry if i sound a little 'Mr Angry'  i'll get my coat  :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
I use dib dobs if the price hasnt been posted, or pics, and sometimes if someone I know is looking for that part but is at work or out etc...

I do agree is unfair to put dib dobs then wait a week to get back to the seller....
A long time ago, in a land far away!

ripper

Re: I think this one has been done before but........DIB DOBS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:24 PM »
The bottom line should be 'first come, first served' it's the only fair way outside an auction scenario.

It's good we tend to alert others who we know may need a certain part, but I personally do not agree with 'dib dobs' on a part for others who may be at work, out, asleep etc or 'dib dobs' while I make up my mind type of thing - Just too restrictive for those who happen to be on the site, have a genuine requirement and are willing to purchase and pay straight away!

Very irritating!  :tickedoff:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 01:54 AM »
I tend to give 'first dib dobs' when I'm selling anyway. If someone replies asking for extra pictures-info etc and then someone else says I'll buy 'em, I PM the second person and say something like 'if joe bloggs doesn't get back to me there yours but if he does, then he has first refusal' after all, he's shown interest and may be at work and can't see the pictures or something (my work blocks virtually all pictures)   :-\

primoman

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:13 PM »
dib dobs is being done every where!!!i went to a carboot sale searching for some bmx stuff and a man goes to me "ahh that geezer over ther has got dib dobs on the bmx" (it was a raleigh burner!!!)so i find it annoying now.thanks anyways :tickedoff:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 10:58 PM »
When I go round Tesco
I dib dob alot of items and put them in my shopping trolley
then go to a person called a cashier and pay
They don't like it when I ask for thier Paypal addy though  :idiot2:

I must admit though on more than one occasion
 I have put an item back on the shelves I dib dobbed on
for the next person to have  :angel:

Dib dobbing seems to work for me  :)

mark 2

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 01:00 AM »
Another one that happens is listing an item for sale and saying "XXXXX has first dib dobs". Why flippin list it and dangle carrotts? Contact the person privately first, give it 24hrs for an answer then list it if they don't want it..... Do as you please, it's your stuff, don't listen to me :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 04:05 AM »
it's all bollox, a seller will sell to a mate before anyone else anyway. it's human nature it makes life easier to sell to someone you know.

I've never sold or bought much but i've got me ear to the ground so i know these things, dirty ears though.  :crazy2:

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 09:52 PM »
i've got some nos ear cleaner for sale soon,

but i'm going to give Bob did dobs on it though,  ::)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 03:03 AM »
That was not as funny as your fooking avatar Zip, that is pukka  :daumenhoch:

madall

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 12:18 AM »
No dib dobs as it Bollox, fooking get a life...
No cash do not reply to the adverts simple.... :LolLolLolLol:

theRuler

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 09:08 AM »
dib dib dobs is often dished out, when someone pm's about an item for sale, with genuine interest saying "yeh i'll have it" but has not yet paid.

no big deal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  I think this one has been done before but........DIB DOBS!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx