gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 04:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  USA & TWAINESE Trickstar - what's the difference?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: USA & TWAINESE Trickstar - what's the difference?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
USA & TWAINESE Trickstar - what's the difference?
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:26 PM »

Hello chaps...what's are the visual differences between US and far east made Trickstars? Is it just the serial number?

Cheers is advance

Dave

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: USA & TWAINESE Trickstar - what's the difference?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:29 PM »
longer bits on platform are us    short are jap or tai

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:32 PM »
All Taiwan made Hutches have punched through drain holes on the frames.. they curve in slightly on the edges of the holes... American frames are drilled and clean edged. The brake stay will have the round topped Western style logo if it is Taiwan. It will also be welded to the front of the rear stays or set back just a little. The American frame brakestays are set back and welded centrally.
 The serial number on Taiwan hutch pro racers is on the BB...not sure about Trickstars  ;)

winnit93

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:34 PM »
here's my us made one. :P
check out the longer platform

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Brilliant thanks guys.

Winnit - that one rocks. Perfect in my book with the 1pc..fecking lovely. Now sell it to me. Please. Pretty please.

winnit93

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Brilliant thanks guys.

Winnit - that one rocks. Perfect in my book with the 1pc..fecking lovely. Now sell it to me. Please. Pretty please.

aw thanks :-[

never gonna sell this badboy!

i pondered the cranks for a long time when building this one,i just dont think it would be right with a 3pc.

i never had a 3 pc of any sort as a kid,i was lucky if i had a bike to be fair :LolLolLolLol:

i do need some hutch beartraps for it though,but they will have to wait until the hollywood is finnished.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Just to throw another spanner in the works don't forget the Japanesse made Trick Stars that are very, very simmilar to the yank built frames and quality wise just as good.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 01:41 PM »
the very 1st Trickstars had no serial nos., like mine does. Also the first ones had no stunt pegs, Hutch then welded on very crude ones, however most US versions have the short (seemingly useless pegs), most Jap ones have long pegs, and also brakecable guides. The Jap Hutch TS has the serial no. on the rear dropouts, with the baseball symbol, the Tai versions had the no. on the bottom bracket,  :)

and I like any excuse to show us yer TS's !!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:54 PM by monkeybiscuits! »
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 01:47 PM »
Nice Tricksters guys, must get round to rebuilding my old Chrome US one got all the bits just can't be bothered to put it together :-\

bodamus :)

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 02:17 PM »
Nice Tricksters guys, must get round to rebuilding my old Chrome US one got all the bits just can't be bothered to put it together :-\

bodamus :)

Send it to me m8... i will put it together for you  ;)  :D

Nice Trickstars fellas...loving that Red finish  :smitten:

teamsano

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 02:40 PM »
i had a taiwanese made hutch pro race frame and it was seriously the worst thing ever. i think it was this bike that gave taiwan a bad name! :LolLolLolLol:

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 05:02 PM »
tai=not good.dont bother.

jap=just as well built as the u.s ones,welding top class.

usa=the one to have if you can find one.

i would consider selling mine complete but selling a complete is tough and it would do more split.it took me long enough to get freestyle hutch beartraps and the hutch valve caps would do bonkers money...and now its built i have to keep dusting it  ::)

2fat2tabletop

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 12:05 PM »
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z228/2fat2tabletop/Picture089.jpg  Just passing by and thoutht i'd say I did a trickstar in red too.  (redditch shot blasting and powdercoating do a great job when they can be @rsed )  I used series I decs coz i couldn't get series II ( they are much better anyway)

I paid £20.00 for the frame!!!  bit cheaper than a series I me thinks  ( but doesn't have that finesse )

hope the pic works coz i still ain't worked out  how to attach from photo bucket.

2fat

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Nice build m8...Looks better than most of the Trickstar IIs you see around  ;)  Great buy at £20 for the frame too  ;)
 You can use photobucket pictures by copying and pasting links into your message. Underneath each photo in your photobucket there are 3 different boxes with link text in them.... Select the bottom link box... copy the link and then paste it into your message here  :daumenhoch:

2fat2tabletop

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 04:30 PM »
YAY! nice one man - i'll try it out

cheers 2fat

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  USA & TWAINESE Trickstar - what's the difference?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx