gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 11:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mid school monsters how heavy is yours
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mid school monsters how heavy is yours  (Read 3407 times)

christhejob

Re: mid school monsters how heavy is yours
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 04:59 PM »
i liked the feeling on my STAs that i could roll through a wall and keep on going.. i LOVED the solid feel..  i've got all these new waffer bits waiting to go together when i'm allowed (!)  a sunday and fly cranks and all that jazz... be interesting to see what it's like!

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I dont wanna go of topic here, but I have heard nothing but bad things about fly and wombolt cranks. They dont seem to have a very long riding life. I liked the look of the fly ones but I think I will stick with profiles.

christhejob

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 08:09 PM »
know what you mean.. but i'm not going to break them.. and i dodged customs to get them for 80 quid!

darkersomeday

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 12:30 PM »
i liked the feeling on my STAs that i could roll through a wall and keep on going.. i LOVED the solid feel..  i've got all these new waffer bits waiting to go together when i'm allowed (!)  a sunday and fly cranks and all that jazz... be interesting to see what it's like!

for me that was the best thing about the STA , they just felt so reassuringly solid!
you can land harsh 360's on them and not feel the back end flex!
and probably the most natural feeling geometry i've ever ridden, straight away it just felt right,
firmly in my all time top 5 bmx frames, :daumenhoch:

both mid and new school too!

the first time i sweated my bike weight was when i went from a "1 dirtbike with 36's to a hoffman deebo with 48's and 14mm axles, that thing just weighed shit loads, it felt so clumsy at the side of my db,
what i really wanted was a 1/18th holmes but just couldnt manage to get hold of one anywhere!
so i tried the ng holmes and it was worse!
the plus side looking back the was that the did feel way more solid and smooth, plus they seemed to carry there momentum better , kind of more stable in the air,
and i felt way more confident throwing them!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mid school monsters how heavy is yours

gfxgfx
gfx gfx