gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Finally got a bike!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Finally got a bike!  (Read 897 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Finally got a bike!
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:37 PM »
After baking my skull several times in my search for a bike I've finally got one.

It's not one of the latest models but it's in mint condition (virtually brand new) and made by a familiar name, albeit not owned by the man anymore. I've bought a Haro F5 in white with one or two small additions like a front brake and better brake pads/blocks. Looks a very sturdy bit of kit and after checking out the spec on the tinternet I decided it was what I was looking for. I like the idea of left hand drive too as I've shredded a sprocket or two in my time. Paid £130 for it which I think is a good price, hopefully you can confirm this. I'll put some pictures up when I get things together and set up for my riding.

I can rest my weary head now!  ;)

http://www.harobikes.com/2003/f5.html

http://www.davesbikes.com/haroF5specs.htm
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Finally got a bike!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 09:32 PM »
that looks real nice matey good for the money to :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:44 PM »
Yep that looks like a bargin
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

ronnie360

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 10:47 PM »
nice bike for the money you paid like the colour  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 10:52 PM »
I had one of those a couple of years back and paid twice that, nice bike
 :) DINGO :)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Well here she is fellas, finally got her sorted. This is my new school ride I bought after a long search for the right bike. Full 4130 frame and forks, 3 piece chromoly cranks etc. etc. I think it's a steal at £130, I almost feel guilty if I'm honest because I don't really think the nice people I bought it from knew exactly how good a bike it is. The young lad who's been using it had put a stand on it, a stand, I ask you! All the reflectors were still on it too so it was just a bike to him, bless. Oh well, it's mine now and lady luck has shone on me for a change instead of shi**ing on me from a great hight - lol!

I'm gonna change a few little bits on it and notice the bars in old school position instead of pulled back like the new school guys, don't know how they ride with them back???? If I had one criticism it would be the front brake. It comes from the factory without one so the retro fit is just a standard brake because there's no fittings on the forks for a U brake and it's a bit crap. I'm gonna need to sand down the rims a bit and put some better blocks/pads on to try and improve things unless anyone else has a better tip for me???

What do you think fellas?

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 09:08 PM »
get a U brake plate and an odyssey evolver brake on the front, like putting a stick in the spokes  :daumenhoch:

rarman1

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 12:13 AM »
get a U brake plate and an odyssey evolver brake on the front, like putting a stick in the spokes  :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 08:15 AM »
Dont sand the rims, they are alloy, and if you take off the protective annodising, your brake pads will get clogged with aluminium. Just set your brake up properly, sand or get some good pads, and you should be ok.

evolvers and hombre's are good front brakes, hombre's are only 12 quid but much better grade alloy than the tektro's that are usually standard on these bikes.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Dont sand the rims, they are alloy, and if you take off the protective annodising,

Of course, not really thought about that. Used to do it bitd and now I know why when it rained i used to get shitty black slime on my rims - DOH! How stupid am I?

Thanks for that mate, all advice appreciated. As I said in a previous post, ask me what was good between 80-89 and I could tell you but I'm still learning the new school stuff.

;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Finally got a bike!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx