gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  How Many radsters actually race BMXs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How Many radsters actually race BMXs  (Read 3821 times)

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: How Many radsters actually race BMXs
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 11:36 PM »
got an 84 GT race bike ready for MK.had a wobble around the streets but i need to get to hartlepool before then.last time i raced prpoperly was about 1982 so new tracks fill me with fear and empty the bowels a bit. 

oldmankev

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 11:37 PM »
I want to know who the 2 are who voted that racing sucks :Aresehole:s

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Those are the two that tried it once, but got lost on the way to the start hill  :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

oldmankev

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Wheres the little blue dude firing the gun ???

highrisedrifter

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02 AM »
I've never been interested in racing, not even a little bit.

I've always been into freestyle.

I haven't voted as there isn't a category for 'doesn't care either way'  ;)

HRD

sonic-1

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 12:31 AM »
had go at racin last year on the poor dyno , but so far this year the races have fallen on work days for hersden so little gutted
did ride little street on new school but had off last month n still got pains in elbo but son thought it was funny so it was ok i spose !!!!!! kinda funny sittin there tryin to collect senses when son comes over n says yer suposed to hop not ram the steps !!!!!!!!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 03:30 AM »
I don't think i've raced since 05, i was thinking about having another go this year though.

muttley

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Yep Hersden regular and done some regionals last year.

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 09:27 AM »
i was thinking about having another go this year though.

yeah come on bob

you know you love it  ;)
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

digitaltransfer

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I have always loved racing gave up in 88/89 ish but always had a bmx in the garage, in the 90's bought myself a street bike and a cruiser then went to peterborough winter series regional last year and the bug is back TBH initally it was more for my lads to get involved in something other than football but I am hooked again, and now so is the nipper ! gonna get my youngest one of these micro micro minis 18" to see how he gets on.

Enjoying the riding / jumping meeting old faces at every meet which is great ! and also the atmostphere and the vibe at a BMX meeting is just so cool ! 2 friends came to mk on sunday, 1 who had never been to a race the other who had not been to a race meet for 20 years  both were absolutely shocked at the amount of people there, the one that rode BITD is now coming to Bournemouth with his lad - he has promised to get him a bike now ! he is also keen to get an OS ride and perhaps have a go what this space Ratty I will put you in touch  :daumenhoch:!! he enjoyed riding around on my GT @ mk looking at the other OS bikes, he is defo going to MK in May, August and Dunstable as well and he is also hoping to get some more OS lads to the events !

But what has to be one of the best things is the people involved, everyone is friendly and will always help you out if they can, no attitude no messing just everyone out to have FUN both Adults and the Kids !! :daumenhoch:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 10:07 AM »
I foooooookin love it, cant get enough.  I might even try my hand in the 30+ as well as the old school next year.  

Gotta say, been thinking about this for the last couple of days aswell.  :idiot2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Russ, thats great mate, get him along to heresden :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Am i only allowed 1 vote ???????
Never raced BITD, more into ROM and jumps. First visit to a track was JAN 2006 at Dagenham. Eldest boy got into racing, 3 bikes and in excess of £600 spent on him and he retires. Dont want to race anymore but still likes going round the track. Likes going over the skate parks now,have you ever seen a grown man on a 16inched wheeled bike on a halfpipe, get some strange looks from the other kids and you can see them saying to there dads why cant you do that. I'm still racing and loving every minute of it, meet lots of great people. Racing old school and new school. Aiming to qualify for the British Championship this year and go, couldn't go last year :'(
 Wife is great and allows me out alot Hersden this week will be my 6th Sunday in a row, also does registration at BADBMX club mets. My youngest is now off his stabilisers and wants to go round the track on Sunday :4_17_5:. Will need to finish the Cyclecraft Mini re-build in case he gets addicted like me.
See you on the gate
Gary

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  How Many radsters actually race BMXs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx