gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rider Weights
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rider Weights  (Read 1799 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Rider Weights
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:18 PM »
I have just been having a quick go on my bike after many years and was wondering if I ought to be treating it a bit more carefully. 
I'm about 2 1/2 stone heavier than I used to be and found myself wincing a little at the thought of what I might be doing to the coaster brake etc while doing backhops and other similar stuff.

Is 14 stone (ish) asking for trouble or were some of the older well built riders BITD a similar weight.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Rider Weights
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:22 PM »
BITD I was about 9 stone wet  ::)

Im just under 11 stone now, but Im sure riders like Stu Thomson must have been around 14 stone  :-\

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:24 PM »
lol chris bitd i was 9 stone aswell now im almost 19 stone
and i havent broke a oldie yet lo
altho did do many in bitd

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:30 PM »
I was always pretty skinny but as soon as I got a car developed a bit of toned fat which isn't as toned as it used to be !

I guess a lot of the slightly older riders (at the time) especially the tall ones must have been getting close, just be interesting if they used to go through frames and bits quick. I don't think I broke anything apart from cotter pins on an early bike and a few pedals, don't really want to start now.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 10:51 PM »
when i rode i busted everything apart from my gt :daumenhoch:  as for weight and size,

i was a skinny and small ish but  when i hit about 21/22  i just hit puberty and hit 6 foot plus,

filled out like a night club bouncer and just changed completley,   still don't matter how you ride

today,   new skool bikes can take it all ;) ;D
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 11:14 PM »
im about 19 stone and the new school bikes take my weight easy.
not to sure about the old bikes.
to bendy for me.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 11:51 PM »
My old redline has started showing signs of stress, but it is 26 years old and I have been racing it for 6 months with 18 stone on it :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

gt0733

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 01:27 AM »
i doubt my 68kg (wouldn't know what stone that is) would have any effect on the mid redline that i ride. probably easier on it than my old prolineII because i can't jump as high or do the things i used to be able to do.

nice to see you're still racing the old warrior, ratty :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 01:42 AM »
She is looking tired now :'(, and retirement will be soon, but then will take pride of place in my PL collection.
I need to find another PL frame now :daumenhoch:

gt0733

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 01:46 AM »
She is looking tired now :'(, and retirement will be soon, but then will take pride of place in my PL collection.
I need to find another PL frame now :daumenhoch:

good luck. i havn't seen one for a while now, well one worth getting hold of anyway.
how did you go with your Stu replica?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Yes, its going well, I have the correct rims now, just have to get them re annodized. I even have a carslile agressor front tyre that belonged to Stu himself, its well shot but the history far outweighs the condition :angel:

Here it is at the moment, just number plate and wheels to finish

Steve_W

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 02:28 PM »
6'2", 15 1/2 stone, bikes OK...(Standard STA 500)

motomagII

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 08:50 AM »
me too 16 stone standard platinum ox

zed4130

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 08:59 AM »
im 15.5 at the mo and my street bike has 36 spoke wheels with 10mm axels  :daumenhoch: and no probs so far  :daumenhoch: but im losing weight weekly at the mo ,as im on a big fittnes drive  :daumenhoch: this is my tank ,and ive had it for over 2 years :daumenhoch:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 09:56 AM »
I think I ought to lose a bit of weight or get something I'm not too worried about. I have an old frame I found at the dump that could be strengthened slightly. I will have to look and see what it looks like and build a copy, if I'm allowed that is.  ;)

mightymini

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 10:21 AM »
i done a seasons racing on a old powerlite, while i weighed 19.5 stone. no worries. then got a new school bike and snapped the profile cranks. :-[

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 10:38 AM »
banjoman (who has yet to post) is 19 stone and he jumps his 91 robbo pro like a demon, its his back wheels that tend to suffer but then again 19 stones doing 360's on 36 spokes on table tops is usually askin for trouble. he's also got a bottom end new school riggy up that he just abuses, and romblokes old master that he uses for flatland trickery, rockwalks, endo's 360's, front hops and the like, but he is so smooth, so that takes all of the stress out of the equation.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rider Weights

gfxgfx
gfx gfx