gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pk Ripper with modded Standing Gear forks.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pk Ripper with modded Standing Gear forks.  (Read 863 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Pk Ripper with modded Standing Gear forks.
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:57 PM »
I have finally got round to putting my bike back together. Its been in my loft for ages and after finding this site I decided to get some Landing Gear forks for it as I always wanted them when I first got it. I ended up getting hold of some very rusty Standing Gear forks and cutting the footstands off. They haven't come out too bad but because they are black its a job to see in the pictures.

The bike is pretty much as it was back in 84-85 when I stopped riding it. The only changes are the forks, pedals (I will put the DX's back on when I sort them out) and tyres.

I have a set of stickers for it but I'm not sure about putting them on as I didn't have any on it before.

The only things I want to do to it now are sort out the front brake and maybee get some older tyres. I did a Potts mod on the front brake so will either redo this or refit the quick release.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Pk Ripper with modded Standing Gear forks.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:00 PM »
if its as was  leave it .  :)

DR VINOAH

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 09:45 PM »
steve

thats real hard looking

i like a lot :smitten:

can u pm me the frame number
if thats cool with u?

im putting a loopy pk inventory 2gether :angel:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  Do you have any idea of the manufacturing date from the frame number ? I would be interested to know as it was in the shop for a while.
Its a bit of an eye opener when you think it's about 25 years old, even more surprising I can still just about ride it and do a few tricks !

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:02 AM »
Looks good Steve, some skinwall tyres and you're away  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 02:48 PM »
I have used a few different tyres, I think the GT ones seemed best but don't really go with the bike. I have also used shopper tyres and the tyres I just took off (which were cracked) had similar tread but were black.  The ones on it now are about the closest thing I could find at the moment.
I will keep an eye open for something a bit more period correct but for now they are ok as I don't need to worry about wearing them out.
Has anyone else found aany more suitable freestyle type tyres anywhere ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pk Ripper with modded Standing Gear forks.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx