gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 03:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  george orwell
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: george orwell  (Read 7594 times)

theRuler

Re: george orwell
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2007, 11:39 AM »
if there is, i will go on there and tell them that old school dancing is rubbish and they should only do the latest stuff, or fook off.

spinmaster

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 11:42 AM »

spinmaster

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 11:43 AM »

Jerry had a brilliant collection of dance trophys at the Barn (RIP)...and a cool, but scary, stuffed cat.

he was a freestyle dance wizard

SaMAlex

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2007, 11:44 AM »
if there is, i will go on there and tell them that old school dancing is rubbish and they should only do the latest stuff, or fook off.

Aw, dont do that. I have just posted up some pics of my novatech disco 3 shoes Ive just had re soled. They are the early 1st gen ones with the real leather uppers. I might lace them up with yellow laces, what do you think?
 :LolLolLolLol:

theRuler

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2007, 11:49 AM »
all you old school dancers, getting all anal about what colour laces to use.
laces are shit. it's all about the velcro now, old man. where were you in the dark ages of laces, when we had to use bits of rope?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 11:57 AM »

Aw, dont do that. I have just posted up some pics of my novatech disco 3 shoes Ive just had re soled. They are the early 1st gen ones with the real leather uppers. I might lace them up with yellow laces, what do you think?

Feck me Alex...first you find me a first gen 92 Condor and now you tell me you've got some first gen Novatech Disco 3 shoe with the real leather uppers!!!!!!!

You lucky lucky bas-tard. You've got everything.

the truth

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 12:04 PM »
"were the fook were you in the early 90's
when bmx was dead,"

"out my face on E shagging anything  that had a pussy like almost every red blooded british male in there early twenties was doing at that time "

not riding a fooking bike thats for sure    "MUG"

EXACTLY IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT.
NICE TRY GRANT BUT WAY OFF THE MARK KEEP GUESSING.

Flaz

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2007, 12:11 PM »
"were the fook were you in the early 90's
when bmx was dead,"

"out my face on E shagging anything  that had a pussy like almost every red blooded british male in there early twenties was doing at that time "

EXACTLY IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT.
NICE TRY GRANT BUT WAY OFF THE MARK KEEP GUESSING.

yeah fool but thats me  thats what i did 

show a bit of respect for the people on this site who did ride all the time or most of it  there are plenty on here

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 12:11 PM »
Reading the title, I thought Wigan was going to get a mention, disappointed now   ::)

SaMAlex

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2007, 12:16 PM »

Gotta say, Im kinda with 'The Truth' on that one. I dont wanna tell anyone what to do, or what they should have done, but Im not sure if this is the place to be bragging about binning BMX for girls and drugs. (There were people who managed to do the girls and drugs and STILL ride.)

Sorry, Flaz. Im not starting with you, just saying what I think.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2007, 12:17 PM »
it did get a mention.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Yes but is it a competition to see who has spent the most time on a 20 incher , or is it about celebrating the choices we make and understanding that its the differences that make us special

jeez if everyone kept riding then it wouldnt of been uber cool and half the people who kept riding would have stopped cosit was too popular

and as i was busy dancing in a field , perhaps i was the one who had the last laugh , as i expanded my horizons and saw the world from a different perspective

which makes me better than you and far more street wise and at a guess far more popular and with a bigger cock , probably  :daumenhoch:

so what do you think of that then mr i am so cool and clever cos i kept riding my bike , and now look on the old school scene as  pathetic , even though by admission you are part of that scene , as you rode from 1980 on a BMX, which i personally dont belive ,but hey thats my opinion.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2007, 12:27 PM »
when i used to see people still riding in 1990's, i thought it was just because they couldnt afford a motorbike........

I want to touch ORB

Flaz

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2007, 12:28 PM »
tell you what fella why dont you come to rom  on sunday  and i'll tell you what fella 28 yrs of riding a bmx without stopping you  

must be as good as dave mirra / Mat Hoffman

if you aint  well what you been up to then ?

alex like i said   thats "what i done"  but our friend he has attacked the whole site and everyone init  (apart the a few bums hes licked)

and i didnt bin bmx   i got mugged by about 8 kids in cantlelows camden town in 83 aged 13, i had a suspected fractured jaw 2 blk eyes and broken ribs  I stopped riding bmx's in fact i stopped leaving the house for about 2 yrs

before i was mugged i used to ride with jess dryenfoth  and i was as good as him if i hadnt got mugged who knows??

as for doing drugs it aint big and it aint clever but the girls  ??? well thats different you got shag birds  aint ya  :daumenhoch:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2007, 12:43 PM »
it did get a mention.

Oops, missed that bit, then.

SaMAlex

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2007, 12:48 PM »
28 yrs of riding a bmx without stopping you must be as good as dave mirra / Mat Hoffman if you aint  well what you been up to then ?

Heres something I get at my local ramps:-

Kid at the park: "how long you been riding mate?"

Me: "Oh more than 20 years"

Kid, now with a slightly less impressed look on his face: "Oh. My mates only been riding for a year and he can do backflips"

Sorry to hear you had such a rough time for a while Flaz. I guess we should try not to be too quick to judge.

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2007, 12:52 PM »
Firstly, apologies but I haven't read every reply.  I'm not getting this thread, seems to be a complete none issue to me.

The way I see things is I want to build and have a 'play' on a bmx and the fact that I'm in my 30s has nothing to do with it, I want to do it so I am.  My Dad was playing with model airplanes right up until he died, too.

And what people have done prior to getting back in to bmx (ie shagging, drugs etc) are just irrelevant.

The fact is, if I or anyone else wants to do something, from BMX to collecting Star Wars figures then I'll do it.

So what's the point of this thread besides mindless stirring for no reason?

Sorry if I've missed the point completely but haven't read every reply.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:58 PM by LucyLastic »

Flaz

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 12:56 PM »
in it funny how someone like "the truth" can cause such a kerfuffle with his first post

nothing but trouble i fear this sith is

ban him and his ip address

he dont like old school, he dont like us, he is a angry person and his anger will spread

BEGONE WITH HIM

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 12:58 PM »
PMSL, dont ban him, the sites been too quiet since Mark left, we need a site clown, otherwise it gets boring  >:D
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Romswife

• Team Owner
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 01:08 PM »
PMSL, dont ban him, the sites been too quiet since Mark left, we need a site clown, otherwise it gets boring  >:D

sorry i disagree there, it has been quiet, but thats because there isnt endless pointless arguements anymore

i personally am glad 69ner has gone because all the arguing has stopped!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 01:24 PM »

So what's the point of this thread besides mindless stirring for no reason?

there isnt one lucy.

have a dig at someone...it'll make you feel better....lol
I want to touch ORB

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 01:39 PM »
besides

the purists will always look on this hobby with spite , it seems to reduce thier enjoyment of what they feel they own

its like the BNP , small minds and a load voice , laughable really but bless , hes got a point

i for one agree i am pretty sad  :daumenhoch:   

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 01:41 PM »
i used to love that sense of invincibility i had when i was in my late teens, thinking i was right about everything, all the time.....

now i have to admit im right just most of the time.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2007, 01:52 PM »
Soon as i read this when i got home this morning i thought, oh look Weston's back  :)

Anyway this post has reached crap thread status and needs deleting  :police:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2007, 01:54 PM »
Spelling is too good for Weston...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  george orwell

gfxgfx
gfx gfx