gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  South Region: BADBMX Winter Regional - SUN 25th March
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: South Region: BADBMX Winter Regional - SUN 25th March  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
South Region: BADBMX Winter Regional - SUN 25th March
« on: March 19, 2007, 11:09 AM »
The last Round of the South Region winter series will be run at Barking & Dagenham BMX track on 25th Mar. This is the 2nd attempt at the round we had to cancel on 11th Feb due to the snow.

Times:
Registration Open: 10.00am
Registration closes at 11.30am sharp
(no late registrations will be taken)

Gate Practice: 11.00-12.30pm
Racing starts: 12.45-1.00pm

Race Fees: Novice £5.00 - Expert £7.00 - Dad's Race £3.00

If there is enough interest in a re-match - we'll be more than happy to run a dad's race and will also put up a case of beer for the winner.

Also again depending on interest on the day we are hoping to have a pit bike race & last and defintley not least we are also hopefully of having the support from RADBMX.com again with another full gate of Old Gits on kids bikes 

Come visit BADBMX @ www.badbmx.com for track direction and any more info on the club.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: South Region: BADBMX Winter Regional - SUN 25th March
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Yep, lets have some of that!!!!  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Don't count on me for the old gits race but if my leg's OK I'll bring my cruiser along and see if I can beat Martin Baxter this time in the dads race.  Weather forecast is promising for the weekend with suggestions it'll get warmer as the week progresses.  Yeh, like they'll predict that right!!  Looking forward to this final round in the SOUTH Winter Series.  So, who's going to be there??  Humps

bmx-796

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:32 PM »
count me in

Rooonga

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:37 PM »
I'll be rolling off the line even with the arm bandaged up - only need one race to qualify for a series trophy so won't miss it for anything! ;)

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I'll reserve gate 8 for you Roonga

Flying_fox

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 07:36 PM »
I'll be  there, not sure what class I'm riding in yet.....

Don't worry, not the old school one. :2funny:

I've just found out I've broken my profile ti imperial chain ring  >:( the crowser is in having a new rim put on the back, so it'll all be dependent on what bike is good to go. Time to worry 30-39 safety cyclers, the fox may be amongst you. :knuppel2: :2gunsfiring_v1:

GRANT

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Dads race

ZippyDixon

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 08:10 PM »

Don't worry, not the old school one. :2funny:

I've just found out I've broken my profile ti imperial chain ring  >:( the crowser is in having a new rim put on the back, so it'll all be dependent on what bike is good to go. Time to worry 30-39 safety cyclers, the fox may be amongst you. :knuppel2: :2gunsfiring_v1:
  No MK Miles????  ???
   stu

Flying_fox

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 08:23 PM »
nope, it daggers for me stu.

Moschops

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 10:12 PM »
It's a shame the regions seem to be clashing a lot latley, hope the summer isn't like that. :( :-\

Flying_fox

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 10:21 PM »
It is a shame mossy, as you know I'd have loved to come to MK, but I can't this time.

It's the wet winter/snow/plagues of locusts that ware to blame for this one, daggers was ment to have been weeks ago....

I think the only summer ones that clash are MK and Bournemouth in EA/South regionals.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 11:29 PM »
This is just a reminder for all those racing this weekend.

YOU WILL BE LOSING AN HOURS SLEEP THIS WEEKEND   AND REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSING AT 11.30 SHARP AS USUAL....

Even though your clocks and watches might say 10.30!!!!!! 

Be warned change your clocks before you bed down for the night and set your alarms..... 
 :10_2_12:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 11:14 PM »
BUMP :)

Cazbo

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 10:39 AM »
The weather is looking good for tomorrow.   :)

Remember to all get an early night as the clocks go forward.  ???

See you all tomorrow

Caroline

digitaltransfer

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 06:25 PM »
lets hope the weather is good for us like the fox said I will be attending daggers shame to miss MK but need this one to finish due to a lot of cancelled races with a bit more planning MK could have done a double header with the south that would have made it really interesting next time maybe see you all tomorrow  :LolLolLolLol:

Miles I will follow your tail if you are in the crowsers !!! and no arms please  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 06:54 PM »
with a bit more planning MK could have done a double header with the south

Nice idea Russell but as EA run 'Formula racing' in the winter the logistics would have been a nightmare although two-meetings-in-one might have proved interesting.  I think there will be a few EA riders at 'nham because it's nearer to them bur here's wishing the new management at MK all the best for their first meeting.  Roll on the Inter-Regionals.  Humps

digitaltransfer

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 06:48 PM »
with a bit more planning MK could have done a double header with the south

Nice idea Russell but as EA run 'Formula racing' in the winter the logistics would have been a nightmare although two-meetings-in-one might have proved interesting.  I think there will be a few EA riders at 'nham because it's nearer to them bur here's wishing the new management at MK all the best for their first meeting.  Roll on the Inter-Regionals.  Humps

I was speaking with Hibster on Saturday he was saying they would be up for early starts and run 2 regionals am to early pm one region and early pm to late pm another region big turn out and 3 motos semis and finals along with 4 motos semis and finals whatever it would have been done just a thought for future events for next winter series if you get the same sort of misfortune in the weather !!

Cheers for today chaps a good well run event I am surprised there are no pics yet though not that I want to see any of me having raced soooooo bad ???? whats going on oh and to see the OS racers with the biggest class was fab !

pitty I raced like a t*at but perhaps my body is saying I need a rest which is what is going to happen this week !!!

Good turn out !!first time there the only thing I would say the 1st berm needs to be deeper perhaps a full 180 degree corner the inside stops you dead !! never mind there is always a next time I have learnt my leason !! good jumps ! and perhaps too much surface if it was fully swept it would be fast as you like you have enough there to surface the M1 widing !!! :LolLolLolLol:

Good racing all round !! miles and his OS corner riding foot out !! haha mademe laugh !

oh and the OS run off was funny they decided they did not wanna race and pulled tickets whos Idea Ratty ??? surely cant do that for the summer series  :2funny: great to see some of those bikes PL20, Torker, DB, GT, and many more !!!

THanks for a good day the weather was cracking !! oh and my lad went all theway round great new just got to sort his fear of the gate !!!! :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 07:03 PM »
PMSL, we only did the draw for the run off!!!! Its a bit unfair to make 4 of us do an extra heat, we would have been dead by the final!!!! There wont be many pics as my camera died, and the spare batteries never held a charge :-[

I will probably bet my arse kicked cos I cant remember the first 3 guys! in the "A" final, but I came in 4th, Chris Young 5th, Bmx-796 6th,  and Vinoah on a DNF, we left him smashed to bits in the first turn >:D >:D

Poor old Steve went down hard in the final in the middle of the pack, managed to get skid marks on his helmet, plate and frame as well as bang his wrist up bad!!! After all the threats of taking him out he managed to do it himself. Hope your OK Steve, what a bummer, Im sure you will make Braintree next week!!! I believe Fiolas Lovechild Russ even managed to stand on Steves helmet trying to stay upright.

Im off to see how many pics we had  :4_17_5:  :daumenhoch:

A long time ago, in a land far away!

digitaltransfer

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 07:08 PM »
PMSL, we only did the draw for the run off!!!! Its a bit unfair to make 4 of us do an extra heat, we would have been dead by the final!!!! There wont be many pics as my camera died, and the spare batteries never held a charge :-[

I will probably bet my arse kicked cos I cant remember the first 3 guys! in the "A" final, but I came in 4th, Chris Young 5th, Bmx-796 6th,  and Vinoah on a DNF, we left him smashed to bits in the first turn >:D >:D

Poor old Steve went down hard in the final in the middle of the pack, managed to get skid marks on his helmet, plate and frame as well as bang his wrist up bad!!! After all the threats of taking him out he managed to do it himself. Hope your OK Steve, what a bummer, Im sure you will make Braintree next week!!! I believe Fiolas Lovechild Russ even managed to stand on Steves helmet trying to stay upright.

Im off to see how many pics we had  :4_17_5:  :daumenhoch:

I think Martin P and Old man Kev were in the top three I think it was Martin on th Hutch a lovely looking complete Hutch pro though none the less !!  I  could be worng but no doubt there will be an update on here no doubt !!!

Good to see you alll

See you at hayes for the next one then if they run it at the interregional !!

Flying_fox

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 07:14 PM »
Gutted for Steve, I missed the crash as I was on my way up the back of the starthill for my final, did anyone get it on video?

Thanks to 796 for letting my nephew sit on his lovley TA, his Dad was well impressed when I showed him the pictures. :daumenhoch:

I love watching old school racing, much respect to all you guys who raced with those massive number plates in that wind (I ran a kids plate today).

Russ, glad you liked the old school cornering technique, I was inspired by all those bikes. It got me the first as well, havin' it..... :2gunsfiring_v1:

Flying_fox

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 07:16 PM »

I think Martin P and Old man Kev were in the top three I think it was Martin on th Hutch a lovely looking complete Hutch pro though none the less !!  I  could be worng but no doubt there will be an update on here no doubt !!!

Good to see you alll

See you at hayes for the next one then if they run it at the interregional !!

Martin's Hutch is awesome, I got so exctied when I saw it I nearly did a sex wee. :smitten:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Well done to all the Old Skool riders today who put on a great show and had one of, if not the, largest classes.  Trust Vinoah's OK after his spill in the A Final, which I'm sure he would have won although he might have had to elbow Martin Parker off a bit - or did Martin get him first??!!  Thanks to Ratty for furnishing me with a Redline f/f and Wolfy for the euro-bb converter so this week I'll be knocking something up ready for Braintree next week.  Where are the photos then??  I think BigLav was taking some so expect to see them up on BADBMX first but we'll nick a few and put them on here if he doesn't.  Humps

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 08:43 PM »
It was me who came in second in the A final of old school, managed to get past Kev on the last straight, no chance with Martin P, i think he was across the line as me and Kev hit the beginning of last 5. Thanks to 796 who lent me the bike and thanks to Roonga  who lent me the helmet. Feel like crap so off to bed in a minute.

hooga1975

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 08:46 PM »
It was a cracking day again today.  The old school racing is getting faster and faster.  I ran up the start hill after the B final and managed to see the start of the A final and Steve crash! There was a massive coming together after the first jump and Steve took the brunt of it.  Russ then made sure that he was down by crashing into him.  I hope your ok Steve, and that you havnt done too much damage to your wrist.  I am sure you would have had a good race in the final if you hadnt of gone down.
Roll on next week and the start of the Summer Series!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  South Region: BADBMX Winter Regional - SUN 25th March

gfxgfx
gfx gfx