gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  was i always that bad???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: was i always that bad???  (Read 1028 times)

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
was i always that bad???
« on: March 18, 2007, 09:23 AM »
BITD I was quite a compitant rider :) I didn't have much succsess as a racer or a freestyler compared to some people on hear, but I could hold my own.
 recently I've started riding again. most days I'm out through our local woods and dirt tracks and I'm f*kin usless :'( :'(
its got me thinking was I actually sh*t as a kid but over the years I've convinced myself I was actually good :-[
anybody else lost all coordination ?
the only thing I want to be able to do is a good table top and a 360 but all I'm managing at the moment is a bunny hop :-[ :-[

theRuler

Re: was i always that bad???
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:33 AM »
keep trying mate

crash a few times. it'll build up your confidence

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:40 AM »
ive been going to bones and riding at beeston in summer for last year or so and i have got bit better it takes lot of time to get anything back .stick with it

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 09:42 AM »
ahh crashing!!
now I do remember I had that
down to a tee BITD  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 10:30 AM »
I wasn't ever brilliant at anything either and haven't had a quick ride on my bike for 2 or 3 years now. Last time I rode it it felt strange but after 10 minutes or so it sort of came back. Took a bit to remember about the coaster brake which reminded me about when I first got it, I nearly took it off and put the freewheel back on !
When we were kids if we wern't on our bikes we had either crashed or were asleep.  ;)

Flaz

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 12:25 PM »

Dwain,

Don't beat yourself up mate, it's very difficult if you had a long break from it..

I hadn't ridden for the best part of 20 years until about a year ago.. I don't ride other than when we go to Bones & I am still shite... but I'm not as shite as I was a year ago! My point being that if you stick with it you will get better.. you may never be a pro but who gives a sh!t about that, I enjoy it every time I manage to get out there & ride that's what it's about, also it about the people you meet up with & ride with, we have a great crew at Bones & we have a fantastic community here on the site.

It's not just about riding it's the whole package for me & I am loving it  :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

Bru  :daumenhoch:

ditto

try to ride your bike at least twice aweek min even if its just down the shops it will help with your balance, try doing stuff like riding no handed (easy?) try it see how you get on,, silly things like that what you done as a kid you took for granted .. It all helps ..
then you'll progress in the last 6 mnths i have noticed how much ive improved old skool 360's, disasters, airials, managed to get over little spines quite well and big ones terribly  :-[  take it one step at a time, wear full face lid and pads, and enjoy it and once you have progressed and pulled your first trick  you'll love it and be hooked like most on the site  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 12:33 PM »
it doesnt get any easyer mate  :'( the thing is bitd we went out every day  :daumenhoch: so we practiced allot 'i had it hard as i suffer with dispraxia 'but as a child didnt know as it wasnt heard of then 'i only realised when my daughter was diagnosed 4 years ago  :shocked: so i know now why i crashed so much bitd 'but i tried every trick out at the time and enjoyed it 'and thats what it's all about  :daumenhoch: and all these years later im still trying  :daumenhoch:

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 03:07 PM »
like eveyone says keep at it,the warm weathers on it's way so out for a pootle about after work,you'll soon pick it up.

i was trying a trick at bones on friday i hadn't done for years after about half a dozen attempts it started to come back to me and i was pulling them ,not every time but it was getting easier.

it also helps if you've someone to encourage/get advise from when trying,like stokebloke did with me on friday.

priv

sonic-1

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 11:06 PM »
glad its not just me who s findin it hard !!!!! the main difrence is i was crap bitd just had no brain n would try n jump anything  ;D
prob is now i see the danger of not makin it
but i can now sort of bunny hop again not quite over small chidren like i used to  ;Dcant get mine to lye still enough n wife says its crule  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 06:44 AM »
You gotta get out and ride as much as poss  :daumenhoch:
 Preferably go riding with others they,ll be able to see you mistakes and encourage you  :daumenhoch:
Get yourself a new skool bike, riding on the old bikes is a no no really  :)
Get all the pads an' helmet  ;)
Main thing have a laugh  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  was i always that bad???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx