gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975640 Posts in 138928 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 06:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Charlie Reynolds
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Charlie Reynolds  (Read 14691 times)

COZZFATHER

Re: Charlie Reynolds
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 11:05 PM »
just bringing this old chestnut back, does anybody know about Charlies DP signature bike frame??
so he rode a Vorris Dixon but the Dave Park had his name on it

dialledbikes

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 11:29 PM »
It would be good to see Charlie again at the Southern Champs.  Always brightens up any event he makes an appearance at.

COZZFATHER

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 11:40 PM »
mike do you know more about Charlie ?, i have seen old DP Firebird race bikes and seen one as his model and would like to know more about him.
seems like he was a character and i'm surprised more people don't want bikes like his own model, i would love to ride one of his.
also DP did cruisers, did Charlie ride a DP cruiser at all?  lastly any more pics of Charlie ??
ta

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 12:09 AM »

Charlie 1986 Buckmore, wednesday nights presentation evening.

Doing his usual showing up to the camera  :LolLolLolLol:

If you thought Charlie was good on a bmx, you should have seen him on a pair of ice skates.

Talented bloke

steve price

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 12:51 AM »
Someone's gotta have a recent pic of Charlie he was one of the first people who made me wanna work out bitd.. :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Charlie was huge last time I saw him.  I think he jokingly described himself as the black Vin Diesel.

Cozzfather, contact Scott Dick (Uncle Buck) if you want info on Charlie.  Scott knows everything about anyone who was anyone in BMX in the 80s!

COZZFATHER

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 02:43 PM »
what can i say lads, fantastic stuff  :P

i love to see a pic of Charlie on a DP Firebird signature model, i reckon if Charlie had of been American he would have had loads more interest and seeing as he was one of the U.K's top riders somebody must have a pic of him.

i'll ask Uncle Buck  ;)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Great thread. Lets see a few more pics...
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 07:28 PM »
Charlie on the VDC at Birmingham Wheels Euro Champs. Prob more pics among me mags but here's a starter
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:33 PM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

firebird

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 08:04 PM »
i think this might be charlie too.

COZZFATHER

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Nice one Steve  :P

love  them race pants, i never knew DP did apparel, looks like he's on a mongoose and can't tell for sure but it does look like a tuff front wheel

firebird

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 08:29 PM »
it looks to me as its the same bike that hes riding in the dp advert you posted up, just a different front wheel. i think its a pink delta2. the forks look like delat2 drop outs.

dp didn't make any pads to fit the race bikes, and he would have had to have them on the bike so its just a mongoose pad set.

DaleHolmes

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 08:45 PM »
I want to know what was all the drama  with Flemdog and Charlie after the Superclass  final  at Wigan back in 88? :)
 Charlie was a legend.  He needed his own TV show!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:55 AM by DaleHolmes »

Longun

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 08:58 PM »
I used to race against (well follow round the track) Charlie a lot in Region 9. He was hilarious, always talking to you and taking the piss while racing. Quick and well rad too. I remember Poole National, sitting on the start hill during practice with Geth and Dave Haynes contemplating jumping the dollys when Charlie turned up, pointed, laughed and sailed off over them without a second thought, Geth immediately knew he had to jump them too (and did so). Not sure how Dave got on but my attempt was sketchy to say the least and I decided I'd be riding them in the race. Charlie's second jump of them was either an X-up or a 360 so you can imagine how happy I was to draw both Geth and Charlie in my moto. Somewhere there's a copy of BMX Racer + Freestyler with a picture of that moto with me somewhere in the Dolly's cleavage with Geth and Charlie either side of me in mid-air.   

COZZFATHER

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 09:02 PM »
that would explain it if it was mandatory to have pads and DP didn't do them, shame you weren't around doing pads then Steve as you would have sorted it  :P

i'd love to here what Charlie has to say about his DP days, hopefully it would be all good :P

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:06 PM by COZZFATHER »

firebird

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 09:10 PM »
i don't know if dp went bust when CR was still with them.

mr.magoo

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Charlie was the biggest personality i had the pleasure to meet bitd, he was always fooling around, always had time to give advise or have a laugh with the younger riders. He was probably the rider that i most aspired to be like more than any other.
Put him in the paddock with the Llewellyn brothers and Del Husband, and there was always some kind of fun going on.
Yes Charlie was one of those lucky guys that was very talented at asolutely everything he did, used to love watching him battling it out with Gary Llewellyn, he had such style, and you always felt like he was the under-dog as the guys he was mixing it with always had full factory suppport, where-as at the time Charlie was riding for Team Edwardes.
Upmost respect for Charlie.

dialledbikes

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 09:37 PM »
I want to know what was all the drama  with Flemdog and Charlie after the Superclass final back in 88? :)
 Charlie was a legend.  He needed his own TV show!

:LolLolLolLol: you wouldn't know anything about that would you Dale  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Charlie normally turns up for a few hours when Peckham have a fun day as I think CK always invites him.

Last time he gave a few nice words over the mic saying he had just popped in to see how BMX was doing and to make sure everyone involved was looking after it.

Joe Eastwood also turned up at the last one to give the kids some words of inspiration.

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 09:47 PM »
And a few more pics (soz about quality, no scanner :( )

VDC

GT

Unknown make ;D
Vans Style

COZZFATHER

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2008, 10:23 PM »
i pinched these pics of here

and seems like Charlie liked a nice set of wheels to smoke about in

Longun

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 12:39 AM »

GT

Ahhh, Buckmore and more evidence of me following Mr Reynolds around a track (that's me right at the back with the 4404 plate)

tony williams

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 10:24 PM »
i had many a battle with CK BITD WHEN HE STARTED RACING way back i did beat him to regional number one twice had many a  laugh with him gary gozza and del
top bloke and went on to be a legend
tony williams

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 11:05 AM »
think this is him in the combats (someone say for sure pls)
this from 2005 bournemouth 25 year of BMX thingy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Yes that's Charlie for sure!!  Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Charlie Reynolds

gfxgfx
gfx gfx