gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SM Mushrooms ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SM Mushrooms ?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
SM Mushrooms ?
« on: March 14, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I'm after some info. I thought I was lucky getting a set of black SM Mushrooms off ebay but they have turned up and although they have come in a SM box they are marked up as being made by Fuan.

I thought SM ones had SM moulded in the end, these ones are plain. Have I been stitched up ?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: SM Mushrooms ?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 07:43 PM »
i just sold some sm musshies and they had sm on the end.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 07:47 PM »
post a link to the auction  :daumenhoch:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:57 PM »
Cheers for the info, you can see SM on the end of the grips being sold by other traders. I will send a message to the place who sold them and try and find out what is going on. Looking at their site they have some red SM grips for £9.99 which is more than I paid. Looks like I might have just bought an original box.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 08:02 PM »
If you bought some of these from Rudewheels, I'm afraid you've got what you paid for - copy mushrooms.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOS-BMX-COPY-ODI-SM-RACING-MUSHROOM-GRIPS-BLUE-OR-BLACK_W0QQitemZ290093483351QQcategoryZ33503QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 08:24 PM »
I'm not going to say where they are from at the moment, I bought copy grips so they should be cheap, it's just that they are in what appears to be an original box, why not put them in a bag.
Anyway just wanted to ask about the SM logo on the end as I was pretty sure they should have one. Thanks again.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Keep the original box,its worth more than the copy grips :D ;)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 08:54 PM »
I think you are right. I thought SM mushrooms were copies of ODI Mushrooms anyway !

Anyone want a NOS (never used to package SM Grips) SM Mushroom box ? £10  ;)

I wonder if the box is original now though !

adeshere

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 09:02 PM »
yes the proper ones have the SM molded on the end.

The real ones are also a lot softer than the copy ones

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 09:07 PM »
I have got some original ones on my bike but they are not in perfect condition. Really want to get some proper ODI ones but missed the last ones on here that were for sale.  I thought these would be ok but they aren't even SM ones.  I'm old enough , should know better really.

Frosty

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 10:30 AM »
I have just bought some blue ones from Rudewheels and whilst I noticed that they did not say sm on them for £4.99 a pop tis still cheap. If they are soft then they'll do for the rider I bought them for!!

The red sm ones I have are embossed

theRuler

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 10:32 AM »
the fuan ones are spirals

generic shiznit

worth 1 quid tops

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 11:01 AM »
I am waiting for a reply from the seller at the moment.  I'm almost certain that SM Mushrooms are copies of the original ODI grips that came out in 83.  I am stupid for not looking at the grips properly in the advert and was misled by the fact they are in a box that appears to be an SM one.
I will let everyone know what happens with this as its not on, buying copy grips is one thing but to pass them off for something they aren't isn't.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 11:31 AM »
TBH Steve, I was half expecting something like this to happen. When I first saw the auction I had to have a second look to make sure they weren't SM mushrooms and I did think it odd that the SM box was included in a picture with some cheap copy grips.

Having said that, the auction clearly states they are copies and therefore not being passed of as anything but that.

If I remember rightly SM mushrooms weren't really copies of Mushrooms as the were manufactured by ODI (or made under license - I can't remember which one) for SM :-\

By the way - I'm in no way connected to Rudewheels or any other seller (besides myself of course)  :daumenhoch:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 12:03 PM »
Ok, cheers for explaining the ODI, SM connection. The advert description I bought them from isn't completely black and white, it can read Copy ODI, SM Mushrooms.  It's the box that leads you to think that the items are SM's.
It is either a badly written advert or one that has been carefully thought out to catch out gullable fools like me.
If he send a reply explaining why he boxes fake grips in misleading packaging I will probably leave it there although he ought to change the advert he uses.

Frosty

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 01:22 PM »
I think it is a badly worded advert. I read it as copy of ODI or SM mushrooms. I have bought some but knew the pic was not of SM's, the box is a bit naughty.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SM Mushrooms ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx