gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Wheres it all going
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wheres it all going  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Wheres it all going
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:40 PM »
Well ?

collecting old BMXs , we have seen many chamges  :smiley6600: and price rises  :tickedoff: and it becoming more and more popular   :daumenhoch:

more great members  :daumenhoch: and certainly many many friends made because of it   ;)

So whats your thought and insights into what is becoming a major " scene"

motomagII

Re: Wheres it all going
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:52 PM »
best scene there is .bloody costs though

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 07:54 PM »
lovin it,lovin it,lovin it.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 08:01 PM »
im trying to pack it in  :LolLolLolLol:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

munners

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 08:03 PM »
So happy to have it back in my life. I am just as mad for it as i was bitd, even more so, as you really appreciate now how good it was. Doing a good job BMXRAD. :4_17_5:

snav69

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Best thing i ever got into (after guitar collecting  :-[ ) . Long may it continue and bring in new blood  :daumenhoch: As long as the newbie colectors don't push the prices too high and beyond most peoples reach i think we are all onto a good number  :4_17_5:

Long live RadBmx and all who post in her (said in a spitting image queen voice  :LolLolLolLol: )
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:11 PM by snav69 »

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:11 PM »
so do we see it as a passing fad now ? after the conversations along this line in years gone by and what has happened since ?

the release of retro bikes
sponsorship for our event lmfao ( this still amazes me )
bikes being seen under so  called celebs bottoms

or do we see it as becoming an established hobby that is recognised by others outside the "scene"  and it progressing to the levels of say star wars toys as a bad example

i dunno , i thought i did but its way past what i thought would happen and i was always an optimist lol

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:12 PM »
im trying to pack it in  :LolLolLolLol:
not your only bad habit then craig   ;)
they are both in your blood .

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 08:16 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 09:32 PM »
im trying to pack it in

and me mate.
getting a bit bored of it.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 09:33 PM »
im trying to pack in packing in too  :-[
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 10:17 PM »
hard one but i do see more back stabbing as prices go up {as seen it happen twice now in over a month} and i see more bitching on here with look my bike better than yours , sorry if it harsh but that the feeling i get and see on here now when look at for sale section and what not .
shame as that not what old bmx is about and pleased i got the bmx`s i wanted as no way i could afford them now :yahoo_silent:
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 10:20 PM »
i with you on that paul,it is going bonkers in some areas  .
i couldnt even imagine starting again ,im scalling my bunch
down .i do get bored to tears with it but then i bounce right back.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 10:32 PM »
I was thinking about what it was I really loved about BMX since I got back into it and i have to say that for me it's a great creative outlet for me.

I love visualizing my bikes and then building them exactly as I would want them to be.

I'm also more into restoration now rather than building a bike by throwing money at it.

gt0733

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 10:49 PM »
the collecting is great. this site is great. sometimes the bickering is fun to see. the greed shown by some vendors/people is not so great  :2gunsfiring_v1:

p.s.- i see the retro copy bikes as a good thing. it makes us appreciate the real ones from BITD.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 11:06 PM »
Good:

Re-living a mis-spent youth, taking time to find parts that you had bitd and maybe picking up a bargain in the process.  This site, a great place to meet and talk shop, getting the motivation to get back out on a BMX  :daumenhoch:

Bad:

The pettyness of some, the greed of others  :-X

That's about it really  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Flaz

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 11:17 PM »
I like most got into this via ebay and a google search, didnt think for a minute  nearly 2 yrs later i would be hiring skate parks out for private sessions with a whole new load of friends  driving all round the country, riding me bike making more friends

I thought after the rave scene finished 92/ 93  i would never find anything to replace the great times i had smashed out me face on E  ??? every weekend

at 35 i was all ready to crawl up in to a ball on the settee get fat and die   then rad came in to my life  and to be honest  Ive come to the conclusion collecting bikes aint for me ( i love old school bikes but i get more joy riding them than looking at them )   ive got me old school race bike ,  i love me new school  and im happy now,, ok im still fat  but i do get off the settee and ride me bike and most importantly have a lot of fun doing it, without rad none of this would be possible 

;)   rads part of me life,, bmx is part of my life again ,,  its all good   :daumenhoch:  long live the rad  :daumenhoch:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 11:18 PM »
I,m just waiting for the 80's to repeat itself and hope this boom dies again and everyone sells there bikes for next to nowt , just like BITD , so saving my cash , ready...... >:D >:D>:D :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 11:32 PM »
I have been part of this site for just under a year now, In that time I have bought a replica of every bike I had (Bar the ace :(), I have met up with at least half a dozen people I raced with in the 80s, I have shared some great laughs and had some excellent times, The CiN ride was such a blast, one memory I will keep till the day I die.
I have also started racing again, I may not be very good anymore but Im getting better, and Im getting fitter. The buzz I get on the track is far better than any chemical buzz, and I want to be racing when I get to Humps00 age, he is now 55 and still rides the track at every oppertunity :daumenhoch:

well done Rad and all the people who make it such a top site :4_17_5:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 11:44 PM »
People come and go and it's obvious to me more come than go.

I've seen it before as I collected Star wars figures in the late 80's early 90's probably for about 4-5 years, i ended up with a massive collection that would be worth thousands at today's prices but i sold it all when i got bored with it for reasonable prices and i made sure i sold it to collectors that wanted it to keep and not dealers that wanted it to make a profit. i'm glad to say i am seeing a fair bit of that here too, not from all mind, but we see a lot come and go and although prices have gone through the roof we still see bargains changing hands at reasonable money through out the community.

I regret selling it now though, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:51 PM by Bob_Acid »

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 01:09 AM »
I think I'm one of those mental cases someone was talking about a couple of weeks ago :idiot2:

I started out by trying to own the bikes I'd wanted (but couldn't afford) as a kid. Since then I own or have owned most of the ones I wanted, some I thought looked cool, some I didn't know existed, some I thought were shit but can now appreciate.

My obsession has now grown so it's not just old school BMX. I have a mid-schooler and the best part of half a dozen new-schoolers.

Now I'm starting on a MTB project as well  :crazy2:

I have come to the conclusion that I have a collection of bikes, not because I love riding, but because I think they're art. If I had a house big enough, I'd have my own room with them all on display like a gallery  ;D

To be honest, I've thought a lot about the money I've 'invested' in these kids bikes and come to this conclusion - I don't care! I love my bikes and if I didn't spend my money on them, I'd only piss it up the wall and get myself in trouble again  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 01:25 AM »

My obsession has now grown so it's not just old school BMX. I have a mid-schooler and the best part of half a dozen new-schoolers.

I think the SE made Condor is going to be the next loopy quad, it's already heading that way.

Nuff respect though phil for knocking the fags and beer overdose on the head i wish i could do the same mate.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 08:23 AM »

Thats why.

I want to touch ORB

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated: