gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old tracks..gone to the dogs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old tracks..gone to the dogs  (Read 7582 times)

piper

Old tracks..gone to the dogs
« on: March 06, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Just carrying on from the three sisters thread but are there any of the old -skool left like the ones that were used for the Kelloggs...

spillers#1

Re: Old tracks..gone to the dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:34 PM »
probably not a lot of people will remember it but harvington raiders track at beckenham kent was a top track...any one recall the harvington raiders?local track for wayne and gary lewellyn.....clive gosling.....warren godfrey.....karen murphy....me ;D ;D

Pro-tec

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:45 PM »
Harvington is now...................... A flower garden. The whole thing has been flattened and turfed minus the berms which have been planted with rows of poxy flowers  :'(

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:11 PM »

Eastways still there, for now :'(
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dodgydave

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:19 PM »
any body got any pics of chorley race track...used to go racing there with shaun calvert bitd.....is it still there are trashed ?...

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 11:35 PM »
was only thinking yesterday about starting a thread with pics of how the old tracks look now. will take some of whats left of redditch tomorrow then post them up here

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 12:01 AM »
I went to barnhurst a few years back and took loads of pics which i've since lost but it's in a right state. jamie, one of the heath regulars told me that every time they tried to build some trails there the council tore them down. One time they came across the guys and said 'but it's a bmx track' their answer? 'it was a bmx track, now it's common land'

Nazi's

dannyboy

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 06:54 PM »
i walked round wots left of wycome track a few weeks back sent an email to bucks c/c and they said i need to contact the land registry to find out who owns it to see if its ok to clean up wots left

sonic-1

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:19 AM »
wonder what happened to the hawking track that the folkestone flyers used to go on ???? whent there as a kid for try out n lobed it big style  ;D they had car tyers in the ground not very forgiving when yer slide wide i ate dirt big style
they said no n so did my mum !!!!! lol seamed to take ages to get there cant even find it now n have no idear quite where to look

spillers#1

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 07:53 AM »
I raced at folkestone flyers a few times and loved it...also ADUR ACES that was a good track...and herne bay flyers.

wussy67

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:56 PM »
chorley i think

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Chorley start hill, taken about 1981 and my avatar pic of the whoops.

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Anybody race at Wallaby(sp?), the start hill was virtually vertical then it went flat and straight back up again.  Think it was an old railway 'valley'.

not4fun

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 01:27 PM »

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 02:07 PM »
heywood is still up and running. nice oldschool type track.

the rochdale track, home of roch valley raiders  has seen better days. shame, its a brilliant track, its downhill for most of it....you can still ride it, but not race on it if you know what i mean.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 07:05 PM »
I live in Clevedon which is south of Bristol nr Weston Super Mare, we had a club track that went to the dogs many years ago and got destroyed by lads on mopeds etc.......

However the track that I rode as a lad is still there and with the help of halfords, British Cycle foundation, the council and other bods, we are looking at a possible re build !!!!!

The only trouble is that we need £25k to fund it - various people are looking into grants to help !

Fingers crossed

Nick

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 08:36 AM »
I know 25k seems alot to raise, but if you want it bad enough you,ll raise it with enough help  :daumenhoch:
The harder bit is getting permission to have a track in the first place  :'(
Good luck with it  :daumenhoch:

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 09:11 AM »
apparently the old track at Bartley heath near Basingstike is still there, last time i went it was pretty overgrown & almost down to 1 worn out line  :(

why do they just ride 1 line out of everything?  :-\

Link to Aerial pic

AndyDiamond

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 03:15 AM »
If you guys have Google Erath that is a good way of checking your old tracks out.

I zoomed in on my old track from BITD and it's now just a grassy reserve :(

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Malvern's track has now gone i was walking around it yesterday, it's a sorry old state should have took some pic's
i'll take some next time im there

chris miller

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 11:17 AM »
the track in tamworth is now the snow dome.  :'( any one re call the track in a barn some where in the mids with wood jumps or the street race where thay had to take the table top out when 14+ started to ride

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 04:36 PM »
Folkestone Flyers track now has a housing estate built on it i think...

Both Doncaster tracks are gone... Cantley Park home of Bessecar Buccaneers has been levelled...
Here is the other.... Don Raceway.... Hexthorpes old track. I first saw Geth race here for Bunnys GT  ;)

From the start hill

reverse angle

The old start gate

The old track is still marked out with tyres in places

rudhallrascal

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 05:28 PM »
A few months ago i went up to robins woodhill gloucester, to check out the old gloucester robins track, you could just about make out the shape of it, but that was about it!!!!
sad day  :'(

wolfybmx

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Folkestone Flyers track now has a housing estate built on it i think...

Both Doncaster tracks are gone... Cantley Park home of Bessecar Buccaneers has been levelled...
Here is the other.... Don Raceway.... Hexthorpes old track. I first saw Geth race here for Bunnys GT  ;)

From the start hill

reverse angle

The old start gate

The old track is still marked out with tyres in places

folkestone flyers track is still there and even the start gate is still bolted in place. no houses built on it. however mother nature has done a fine job of covering it in small shrubs and trees. i live just down the road and hopefully i can get some pics this week to post. a lot of the guys on here used to race there. even some big names like john vile. john stockwell and pete middleton even andy ruffle came down as well and of coarse little ol me won plenty of silver wear here.

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Kool Wolfy.... when i lived in Folkestone i asked about that track and got told that the new Estate at Hawkinge had been built on it...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old tracks..gone to the dogs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx