gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Spitalfields
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spitalfields  (Read 4090 times)

SaMAlex

Re: Spitalfields
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 06:39 PM »
How fu**ing sad are we?! :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 07:29 PM »
Was anyone at the KOC where Kriss Akabusi was covering the "highest air" attempt that Mirra was doing? Mirra had to pump up his tyres and broke the pump. It all looked quite funny when it was on record breakers, edited together with Kriss Akabusi laughing at everything.

rory

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 07:37 PM »
that turn down is well tweaked !
i remember the pump destruction , haha :)

christhejob

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 07:45 PM »
colin bennett wasn't it.. the programmes he had on with this rider cup stuff on also once introduced rollerblading to the uk. hilarious.  1 guy 2 girls all in lycra, massive wheeled rollerblades doing basically icedancing.  it should have stayed that way!  no idea what the programme was called though..
the other great bmx tv moment was "you bet" when carlo hit balls off height markers.. he did it in something like 20 seconds in practice so was told to "milk it" for tv. haha

SaMAlex

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Didnt Carlo do the same trick for some Euro version of You Bet, but they wanted it even more over the top and he had to pretend to have a hart attack between runs?

FIL EBZ

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 08:55 PM »
Rider cup was a land mark for me. Great comp, great people riding the London Streets and riding up the stairs in Liverpool St station was great too.

Small community at that time in BMX in fact Ive just spotted myself in the back ground there.

The street backflip still flushes me.I remember the bike being stolen we heard it was a certain someone not many miles away from here and sure enough they turned up on a machine VERYY simular wasn`t welcome round here again.

FIL :rant:

FIL EBZ

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Just remebered My mate Jex entered the street contest amatuer and pulled a fakie peg stall on 1 of the buildings stantions off one of the fly offs.. Tried again in his second run landed so hard he shattered his back wheel.

SaMAlex

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 09:22 PM »
I remember the bike being stolen we heard it was a certain someone not many miles away from here and sure enough they turned up on a machine VERYY simular wasn`t welcome round here again.
FIL :rant:

The stolen bike was Tabrons condor, right? It wasnt Fuzzynod or Stodgy was it?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 10:22 PM by S&MAlex »

christhejob

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 10:19 PM »
i think i saw roger atkins in the back of one of the photos
now there was a bmx dad
once cheered mark so loud he ruptured his vocal cords, 6 months to heal
always pissed in leisure centre bars
what a legend!

PaulM

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 07:44 PM »
My dad took me to see the Rider Cup in 92 and it was proper brilliant.

I wasnt into bmx at all and my dad heard it advertised on the radio and took me and a friend up there for the day to watch, he didnt even tell me where we were going!

Once it was over I wanted a decent bmx bike and thats where it all started.

I still remember that day really clearly, even though I was only 13!

I bought a copy on video which I still have and watch from time to time, in my opinion the vert contest was the best i've ever seen even though I didnt realise at the time.

Was loads of good riders there, Hoffman, Mirra, Tabron, Galley, Beswick, DMC, Gouin, etc, etc.

Even friends of mine now Mike Mullen and Dennis Wingham are in the vid Riding vert!

Cheers

Paul

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 04:41 PM »
Jesus Paul,  so I met you in 95.  You were 15-16?

Blimey......   Now I really do feel old......  :D

For the rest of you trivia freaks, the actual Spitalfields skatepark was co-owned by Andy Peerless, who I hooked up with after he's lost that gig  (stiched up by a business partner).  We went on to build the infamous Upminster indoor vert ramp together and from that Fearless Ramps was spawned.

Lazarou

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 05:19 PM »
Was anyone at the KOC where Kriss Akabusi was covering the "highest air" attempt that Mirra was doing? Mirra had to pump up his tyres and broke the pump. It all looked quite funny when it was on record breakers, edited together with Kriss Akabusi laughing at everything.

That was 93 one of the best ever KOC's, same year as the Standard Army invasion, treated to Krt Schmidt's awesome mini riding. I got some good pics at the Rider Cup but i'll be damned if i can find them  >:( Did anyone use the money off coupon in Invert mag for their tickets? :-[

I just remembered Mirra got the highest air on a Big Daddy!! (at KOC 93)

SaMAlex

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 05:55 PM »
If it was the "Standard" year, then it was the only year I ever entered KOC. I rode Mini, as did loads of friends. It was way rad and so much fun.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Spitalfields

gfxgfx
gfx gfx