gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  found some old school freestyle videos
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: found some old school freestyle videos  (Read 1114 times)

andy619

found some old school freestyle videos
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:05 PM »
I found three vhs video tapes of old school freestyle last night.  Does anyone remember "Rippin" with RL Osborne and Ron Wilton?  What seemed so cool back in the day just seemed so corny last night, a good laugh and some decent scenes though.  There was also the full length trailer for "RAD" as well as Future Primitive.  On another tape I have the first round 84 King of The Skatepark at the Pipeline, the 84 King of The Skatepark Finals at the Pipeline, and a home video of the 85 King of The Skatepark at the Pipeline.  Craig Campbell really should have placed higher that day, he had two really good runs with good air and variations.  On the third tape I have the 86 BMX Beat International competition, but I couldn't watch it :'(.

Is there any easy way to convert vhs tapes to DVD, or that something better left to proffesionals?

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: found some old school freestyle videos
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:07 PM »
If you have a DVD recorder you can play the video through your tV and record it to DVD.

That's what I done anyway!   :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 04:09 PM »
as jim said
i had 2 tapes transfered to dvd it cost me £12 per tape .

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Im just looking into something that I can use between the VCR and the PC so I can save VHS tapes straight to the hard disk. I dont even want to save them to DVD (although that would be nice), I just wanna get some VHS clips onto U-tube.

I havent found anything yet but its gotta be something posible

YGT

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I havent used this but it looks very cheap : http://www.transfervideo.co.uk/

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 09:56 PM »
you need a TV card

plug the video to it via the coax ariel lead

then tune the card into the signal from the video

then record!!!

you'll need plenty hard drive space though, and a good fast pc helps

bear in mind though before you go buying kit, a dvd recorder with a vhs slot aint too expensive

when you have bought one of them, i will post you my vhs collection to transfer ;)

i got that old hi-5 programme, about hoffman kicking around on a video somewhere :)

Trev

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 10:16 PM »
i have facilities to convert vhs to dvd or pc format (might either be avi or mp4).  if anyone desperately wants stuff converted, give me a shout.

conversion to dvd will be basic copying, none of the fancy stuff. just a basic menu with a clip of the first frame and a name to pick from.  but once you've got it on dvd, i'm sure you can manipulate it for your needs.

steverobinson

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 08:34 AM »
Easiest way is to set up your vcr to a dvd recorder as you would if you were copying two videos and thats it thats all I do and then use some other software on my computer to import the video file and then you can make differnt kinds of menu's and stuff.

i got that old hi-5 programme, about hoffman kicking around on a video somewhere :)

That program was excellent I've still got that somewhere at my mums been searching for it for weeks plus I had loads of clips of hoffman from stuff like MTV sports and one clip that was my favourite where he's at Tony Hawks ramp and doing some dirt jumping on a Haro Air Master that clip is what made me want one of those bikes and about 15 years later I got one.

Steve

spinmaster

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 09:39 PM »
you should be able to capture it in adobe premier straight from the video recorder. but you'll need a tv/capture card for the pc.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  found some old school freestyle videos

gfxgfx
gfx gfx