gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Gate practise at The Works
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gate practise at The Works  (Read 799 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Gate practise at The Works
« on: February 26, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Couple of vids of start gate practise at The works in Leeds, could do with one at ROM

/>
/>
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Gate practise at The Works
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 07:25 PM »
good find ratty :daumenhoch:

i thought it was a joke when i looked at your thread title.

priv

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Looks like the air-ram version that Pete Phillips had at Bournemouth in 2005.  I believe you can buy them but I'll stick with my own homemade version:

Humps

PS:  Don't worry Ratty I still can't balance on it, let alone holeshot out of it!!

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 07:10 PM »
yep i saw that at iford in 05 it was cool 'i didnt fancy a go though 'just incase i fell off   ::)   :2funny:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Al, are they easy to make? is there plans knocking about for one? My gates suck big time, and I used to be pretty good at them, so with a bit of practise I could at least be first inti turn one before everyone overtakes me!!!!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Tony there used to be plans knocking around for the "Stumpy Gate" as Randy Stumphauser used to use one for practising but I can't find them now.  I could measure mine up but reckon you could guauge sizes from the picture above and just make something similar.  I used an old aluminium workbench frame (1" box ali) which had reinforced corners onto which the tune fits.  Really easy to make with a sheet of external grade ply for the top and a pair of gate hinges.  Mine has wheels mounted on the tall end so it can be picked up and rolled around the garden.  Do Matt & James use it??  No way, except as a roll-in to the mini ramps we have in the back garden.  Humps

oldmankev

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 09:12 PM »
This is giving me all kinds of thoughts  for Southsea, as the only
practice i get is on raceday.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Gate practise at The Works

gfxgfx
gfx gfx