gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hoffman Flash Pro
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hoffman Flash Pro  (Read 1906 times)

scooby74

Hoffman Flash Pro
« on: February 22, 2007, 07:22 PM »
....bought this frame and mismatched superforks from Generallee a while ago (cheers bud!) - as soon as I saw it for sale I knew I just had to have it!!!!
Wasn't sure whether to try and go for all era correct parts and a showbike finish, or build it up and use it as an allround rider - in the cold light of day i knew I couldn't just let it sit there and gather dust, this one will be my daily rider  :smitten:

apologies for the crap pics, you don't get too much sunlight on the west coast of scotland and the camera ain't used to it  ;) 

Main Parts list:

Frame          Hoffman Flash Pro
Forks           Hoffman Super Forks
Bars            Hoffman Love Handle Bars
Stem           Hoffman Super Stem
Headset      FSA the Pig
Seat            Metal Bikes
Tyres           Hoffman Skidmark
Pedals         Primo super Tenderizer

This now sits nicely with my 1998 Heavy Tools Freestyle ( which is exactly as it came out of the shop in '98  :-[ )

Now I just need to wait for the Condor to arrive that I bought last week  :daumenhoch:

Peace

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Hoffman Flash Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:39 PM »
yeah man, another hoffy nutter....

i know what you mean about gathering dust, i compromised a few bits on my condor to get it to the skatepark.

ride it, and change the bits as you find them, if you can be arsed...from looking at what you got already, the bits you need are some of the hardest bits to find.

give me a nod if you want me to keep my beady eyes out, in my travels for you....
I want to touch ORB

scooby74

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:43 PM »
cool mr spacefruit, would appreciate you keeping an eye out.......I can't wait to get it out and ride, ride, ride  ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Nice one Scooby - welcome to the club dude!

Let me know what you're after...might be able to help.

:daumenhoch:

scooby74

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:51 PM »
the one thing that stumped me was the rear brake - I wanted to use a canti but there is no guide for the cable to run through - I know i could use a pozi stop seat clamp, but it already has an integrated clamp in the frame - anyone know how these were originally set up?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 07:55 PM »
Hmmm...had the clamp been at the back you could have used a brake hanger from Billys...but as it's the front I don't think you have any choice but to go v brake...

scooby74

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 08:11 PM »
canti would look better I guess , but V brakes are O.K for stopping power so no major problem...I have to say, the quality of the frame & forks is superb and looks even better in the flesh  ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:37 PM »
Looks nice, V-brake is era correct, but you've got to build it with what makes you happy  :daumenhoch:

Hope to make some progress on my Flash soon too  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

scooby74

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 09:35 PM »
have changed this around a little over the past couple of weeks, have removed the love bars which will now go on my condor build and have replaced with Hoffman fat free bars.  Have added a front u brake & plate and dirt harry levers and some hoffman mushroom grips.
Have just taken this out for a spin and am well impressed, handles like a dream, front wheel pops up easy and is light compared to my new school ride - nice weather forecast over the next few days, so plenty of fun ahead  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00 AM »
Let's have some more pics then dude!

darkersomeday

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 11:33 AM »
thats a lovely flash there,
nice to see, reminds me of a racey terrible one barcode,

glad you swapped the bars out! those choccy bars just dont work with the race bike style,

the v-brakes are fine too,

get in! :daumenhoch:

scooby74

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 08:53 PM »
managed to take a couple of pics today, this is now my daily rider and i'm pretty happy with hows its turned out..... ;)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I like that, Alot. I am a fan of race/freestyle hybrids, My Iron horse has gone that way and I now have some new school bits on it, its a personal thing dude  :daumenhoch:

Keep up the good work ;)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hoffman Flash Pro

gfxgfx
gfx gfx