gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 11:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Is anyone from Frimley, Farnborough area ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is anyone from Frimley, Farnborough area ?  (Read 796 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Is anyone from Frimley, Farnborough area ?
« on: February 07, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I have been looking back through the messages to see if there is anyone from around here. I think the only one I spotted was one from Marty C about the ranges at Deepcut where I always used to go.
There was a large group of us who used to go up there and build ramps and even a couple of tracks. The only person I have found mentioned is Nick Preece who was a bit of a local hero. Its a shame he never got sponsored by any big companies as he was pretty good. He had a brother Jon who raced as well, others were Martin (Mooncat ?), Darren Walsh, Alan Tucker, Mike Goodman, Darren Rudge plus a load of others who were always around.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Is anyone from Frimley, Farnborough area ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:55 PM »
I bumped into Nick's brother on a snowboard holiday in Andorra, he was our instructor for a day!  He remembered me for being the loon that rode off his mum and dad's garage roof  :LolLolLolLol:

I'll ask my mate Darren if he remembers any of the names you've mentioned, although he lived on the Heatherside Estate he knew shed loads of people around the town.  What school did you go to?  We used to ride into Farnborough a lot to ride the ramps, met jason Nash there a fair few times too but before he got sponsored though.

Marty  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Hi Marty
It sounds like I might have met you.  I remember Nick riding off a garage in the supermarket car park in Frimley. How his bike stood up to it I will never know as he was a big chap even then !
I went to France Hill but lived on the estate just above Frimley Park Hospital. Heatherside was often a place to go for lunch if we were at the track up the top part of the ranges opposite the old Hospital. I think most of the people I knew were from Tomlinscote school area.
I used to see Jason Nash on the ramps at Farnborough, he used to be able to do a bar press with his arms locked by his sides, dunno what happened and why he left Yes. I read in BMX Action Bike he had a bad time at one of the freestyle comps and should have won it but didn't, perhaps that's why ?
Nice to chat to someone who was around at the time.
Steve. :coolsmiley:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Steve

Email back from Darren:

"Yes I know Alan Tucker quite well and Darren Walsh used to know Liam (I think he was in the year below me at school)", small world!

I wouldn't mind betting that you also knew/know Darren, he used to own a record store in Guildford and then moved to Woking, it was called "Vinyl Frontier".

Marty  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Cheers for the reply.
Alan Tucker was about 2 years older than me (school years). He did quite a bit of racing but took up kart racing and I didn't see much of him after that.
As you say, small world.

Twatty

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:29 PM »
Hey guys. Not sure if I remeber you, but I use to ride with Nic, John & Mooncat regularly. Matt French here, remember me at all? Do you have any contact details for Nic or John? Trying to get in touch with them....

Linus27

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Already said Hi to Steve but just dropping in to say Hi to anyone else as I live in the area. My name is Michael Boylan and I also knew Darren Walsh along with his sister Nina. Also knew of Nic and Jeremy Preece. Also knew Anthony Colgate, Nic Pugh, Steve Madden, Chris Harbour and Michael Simon's who was born with out a thumb and used to tape his hand to the handlebars. I used to go to Tomlinscote School and I think I was a year below Darren. I was same year as his sister Nina. I used to ride up at Farnborough plus the tracks in Deepcut ranges. There was a track at the top by Heatherside by the hospital and also one further down by Ravenscote school which is where I broke my collar bone trying to jump over the double whoops. Here are a couple of piccies of me from back in the early to mid eighties. This is at regent Way where I lived. I used to ride a Raleigh Burner, then a Kuwahara , then a chrome CW Freestyler and then a white Haro Sport.

Steve Madden

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Is anyone from Frimley, Farnborough area ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx