gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  JAM TICKETS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: JAM TICKETS  (Read 1259 times)

rory

JAM TICKETS
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:40 PM »
 found my old sobell centre comp ticket ,[ i went to first one segur and wilkerson ] second  comp ruled cos campbell boosted off
quater pipe into skaters halfpipe and got banned and someone had a badass 540 canyon and got mobbed only
to have his m-zone buddies thrown out for it . i think hosoi was doing a skate demo
anyone else rmember this jam !

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: JAM TICKETS
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:44 PM »
That must be the third or forth one Rory, the first one was on 30th Dec 04, It was the last time that I rode bitd  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

trill

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:52 PM »
i think it was dean rush that got kicked out that one and eric steele that twisted the canyon. thats when the whole badboy club/anarchic adjustment/m-zone stuff was huge.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 07:56 PM by trill »

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 07:56 PM »
I think I went to all of them, but I don’t really remember how many there were and they all kinda blend into one. At one of them, that one with the skaters and the half pipe, my mate was mouthing off about the commentary and organization. I think he was saying shit about one of the organizers and didn’t realize that his son was sitting next to us. Later on he got taken outside and beaten up a little by the guy. I think it was Sam Jarvis's Dad.

Nice ticket find Rory. I have tried to keep ticket stubs from bands I have been to see. I love going thro the pile of them now and again. It’s great cos they usually have dates on them so it clears up holes in the old memory

Flaz

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:57 PM »
i only lived a mile from there  used to go ice skating at the sobell 81/82   :-\

rory

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 08:15 PM »
yes , there was a bit of anarchy in the air !, i remember decks and other goodies being chucked in crowd and the security gaurds
were taking the stuff back ?

bmxmike

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 08:19 PM »
went to a couple of them, i remember someone popping out onto the balcony!
was it eric steel?

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 09:28 PM »

had these gave me by andy and rob ruffell.
used to be neils.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:30 PM by dordymush »
dave the bmxing gypo

Trev

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 01:25 AM »

i think there were four of them. 84, 85 & 86 were known as Holeshot.  I believe 87 was known as Airwalk.

Trying to remember stuff now after a night down the pub...

84 - Know fook all as I wasn't into riding by then, but i think Craig Campbell might have won it??

85 - The first pro class comp - Neil, Craig & Pepi all got joint top overall.  Simon Kefford won the first ever Pro Flat... (judges included Colin Kefford)  :idiot2:   I also think Ron W was there doing a demo.... might have been accompanied by Spidey, but very vague about that.

86 - McCoy entered Pro class.  I think Dino DeLuca might have been there too.

87 - I believe Wilkerson won this. I think Josh White was there too. Got 1st & 2nd on both flat & ramps. Josh W getting 2nd in pro flat..  :idiot2: what a joke.  That was back in the day when any American coming over couldn't be beaten by a Brit in case none of them ever came back. Mat Hoffman and Scott Freeman were there too. Surprise surprise, Mat won ramps and Scott won flat (but Carlo won the overall  :daumenhoch: )  Craig Campbell made his comeback. Three attempts at a 540. 1st slammed, 2nd dabbed, 3rd pulled. At the end of his run, jumped from the top of the 1/4 to the 1/2 pipe behind. Attempted a 540 in there too but slammed. Got 3rd.  Skating demo by Christian Hosoi and Mark Gonzales i think...

More memories as they come to me......

I might have got the years where Josh W & Dino D entered the wrong way round....

fletchy baby

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 08:10 AM »

1987 Eric Steel 540 canyon !!!! crowd went fookin mental !!!!

and to think it was 20 yrs ago ?

has anyone still got it on video ?

some sh-t took mine !

theRuler

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 10:09 AM »
in 84 craig c wowed the crowds with his framestand fakie air

Obbie

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 09:33 PM »
I'm 99.9% sure it was hole shot 5 , i was there , super rad . Got an old school dvd with it all on , think it is steve or someone on here sold it me ? ...

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 10:38 PM »
any chance of a back up copy of it lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

Trev

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 12:27 AM »
I'm 99.9% sure it was hole shot 5 , i was there , super rad . Got an old school dvd with it all on , think it is steve or someone on here sold it me ? ...

:shocked:  i am pretty sure there were only 4 and the 4th one was dubbed Airwalk rather than Holeshot.  Although it was still known as Holeshot.  I am also pretty sure the DVD you have will be the 4th one. The one with Wilkerson, Hoffman, Scott Freeman, Carlo, Campbell jumping into the halfpipe....  I know I've got that on video somewhere. I really need to find that....

trill

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 04:33 PM »
yer i think the 1st one was 84 which i didnt go 2 then 85,86 and 87.

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Later on he got taken outside and beaten up a little by the guy. I think it was Sam Jarvis's Dad.

Actually, I think it was Sam Wood who beat up my mate. I just read his name somewhere else and it jogged my memory.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  JAM TICKETS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx